A great number of people spend a lot of money on anti-aging creams and procedures. Fortunately, you can use various natural treatments and make some simple lifestyle changes in order to prevent premature aging.
What Does Accelerate the Natural Aging Process and Lead to Wrinkles?
Before purchasing anti-aging products, you should understand what results in wrinkles. Specifically, as you age, your skin becomes more fragile and less elastic because of reduced collagen production. Collagen is a protein that forms the structure of your skin. As you age, you also experience a fat reduction in the deeper layers of your skin. Also, you can experience a reduction in the natural oils that are responsible for providing hydration. In short, this reduced production can cause your skin to become loose, dry, and thinner, resulting in wrinkles.
The environmental and your lifestyle factors can accelerate the natural aging process. That’s why you may look older than others, even if you are not.
– Sun Exposure
The greatest factor that causes wrinkles and sagging skin is the frequent exposure to ultraviolet rays. In addition, ultraviolet rays break down the collagen as well as elastin fibers in the dermis layer of your skin, thus contributing to lack of connective tissue support. This reduces the flexibility and strength of your skin and leads to wrinkles. What’s more, the sun could also contribute to sun spots and other discoloration related to aging.
Solution: Wear protective clothing and use natural sunscreen. Even though you should get enough sun exposure on a daily basis to optimize your vitamin D levels, you should avoid overexposure by using natural sunscreen, and wearing protective clothing and wide brimmed hats.
– Repeated Facial Expressions
When you repeat some facial expressions over and over again, like smiling and squinting, a groove typically forms beneath the surface of your skin. Since the flexibility of your skin and the elastin fibers reduce over time, your skin cannot spring back into place.
Solution: You should avoid squinting by wearing reading glasses, sunglasses, or contacts.
Smoking has been found to speed up the aging process, particularly in the skin. Experts claim that smoking has a negative effect on the blood supply to the skin, thus causing it to look dull and old. That’s not all, it can also deplete your body of essential nutrients that play a key role in improving your skin health.
Solution: Quit smoking and avoid spending time around smokers.
Here Are Several Steps You Can Take to Have Healthy and Glowing Skin at Any Age:
- Prevent dehydration by consuming of clean, filtered water.
- Reduce your intake of alcohol and sugar. Research has proven that consuming too much alcohol and sugar could have a negative effect skin health.
- Follow a healthy, balanced diet with plenty of veggies and some fruits, particularly the orange and green ones.
- Increase your consumption of healthy fats such as olive oil, avocado, and nuts.
- Get enough sleep. Regeneration occurs when you sleep. It helps slow down the aging process.
- Get regular exercise because it helps your body function optimally and boost your blood flow.
Standard Treatments for Wrinkles
There are various over the counter, prescription, and surgical treatments for wrinkles. However, they often vary in their effectiveness and lead to many side effects. Moreover, these treatments include:
- Soft tissue fillers
- Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion
- Chemical Peel
- Over-the-counter wrinkle creams and prescription retinoid
The effectiveness of each of the above mentioned treatments can vary from minimal improvements in the case of most wrinkle creams, to effective but temporary in the case of most chemical and surgical procedures. These treatments are pricey and can lead to side effects, including discoloration, redness, scarring, etc.
As these treatments are pricey and come with adverse side effects, you should make simple lifestyle changes that can improve your skin health.
Here Are a Few Incredible Natural Topical Remedies You Can Use to Help Prevent and Diminish Wrinkles:
– Propolis: Propolis is actually a bee by-product that has potent antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. That’s why it can help keep your skin rejuvenated and fresh. Furthermore, this natural remedy has long been used to heal wounds, treat abscesses and many other skin problems.
– Royal Jelly: It is an important part of bee nutrition, and is crucial to the growth of new larvae and the queen bee. Additionally, this natural remedy is a great source of minerals and amino acids for optimal cellular protection. This helps provide protective measures against the natural aging factors listed above.
– Pure Beeswax: It possesses natural fatty acids that help hydrate your skin. In addition, the healing and antibiotic properties of pure beeswax make it an excellent all-natural anti-aging product.
– Raw Hawaiian Honey: This type of honey is abundant in minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and nutrients. That’s not all, it also has a specific property that allows the honey to induce the production of collagen.
– Evening Primrose Oil: It is packed with omega-6 fatty acids that may help your skin maintain its resilience and structure and lower age-related water loss in your skin. The oil also possesses antioxidants that help decrease inflammation, dark circles around your eyes, skin roughness, and fine lines.
– Argan Oil: It is a potent anti-aging essential oil because of its high concentration of linoleic acid, omega-6 fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamin E, and vitamin A. When applied on your skin, the oil helps moisturize and lower inflammation, thus resulting in a younger-looking, healthy complexion.
– Coconut Oil: It is highly moisturizing oil. Moreover, it possesses lauric acid that has strong antibacterial and antifungal properties. It can help stimulate the process of skin healing and hydrate your skin. That’s why it helps prevent and heal the wrinkles, marks, and scars related to aging.
– Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil is rich in zinc, copper, chromium, silicon, B complex vitamins, and vitamin E. All these nutrients help nourish your skin, thus helping it heal from damage. What’s more, the texture of this oil is similar to that of sebum, i.e., the natural oils of your skin. Since sebum reduces as you age, this oil helps replace it and keep your skin hydrated, so that it retains its dewy, youthful appearance. Additionally, jojoba oil is also packed with antioxidants and helps promote collagen synthesis, thus reducing wrinkles.
– Olive Oil: The vitamins, protein, and minerals found in olive oil help nourish and soften your skin. It also helps preserve your skin’s elasticity, thus making it more resilient and reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
How to Use These Natural Remedies:
You can use these natural remedies separately on your skin, or opt for products that possess these ingredients. Namely, BeeFriendly Organic Face and Eye cream is an all-natural anti-aging product that possesses all the ingredients mentioned above. This product helps hydrate your skin, restore collagen and elastin fibers to your skin, decrease age spots and scars, and keep your skin looking fresh and bright.
- Zhang, Ping. ˮAnti-Aging Therapy: How to Clear Away the Wrinkles and Rejuvenate Your Faceˮ;
- Adamson, Kate. ˮGet Rid of Wrinkles: The Best way to Remove Wrinkles & Take 10 Years off Your Face in 8 Mins a Dayˮ;