Microbes have been found to be pathogenic organisms that can make you sick. In fact, your body works on a daily basis to fight off these microbes and keep you healthy. You immune system is actually responsible for fighting off these microbes.
Most people fight microbes by using antibacterial drugs, washes, rubs, and soaps. However, many all-natural antimicrobial agents can also effectively fight pathogenic organisms.
These 10 Foods Can Protect Your Body against Microbes:
– Cabbage – Cabbage belongs to the Brassica family of vegetables. It has long been used to help treat a variety of health issues. In addition, cabbage has anti-cancer properties, and a high amount of vitamin C that helps boost your immune system and fight off foreign invaders. The regular consumption of cabbage juice also helps prevent or treat stomach ulcers.
– Garlic – It is one of the most potent anti-microbial foods you can consume. Moreover, it possesses a few components that can fight against worms, fungus, yeast, and Candida overgrowth.
– Honey – It is an ancient anti-microbial remedy that possesses an enzyme that helps release hydrogen peroxide, thus effectively killing off different types of bacteria. You should use raw, organic honey for maximum benefits because pasteurized honey doesn’t offer any healing properties.
– Turmeric – This spice may have the most reliable scientific evidence when it comes to its anti-microbial properties. Specifically, many studies have shown that it could fight Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus coagulans, and Bacillus cereus.
– Pineapple – Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple that has strong anti-microbial properties. It also helps improve digestion. This enzyme has also been used as a mouth wash to destroy invading cells in the throat and mouth.
– Horseradish – This all-natural antibacterial remedy has long been used to treat lung infections and urinary tract infections. It is also considered to be one of the most effective anti-microbial foods you can eat.
– Lemons – Tetrazine and coumarin are the 2 compounds present in lemons that could fight against many pathogens. Furthermore, lemons have great protective effects internally and externally.
– Fermented Foods – These foods contain the health benefits of their raw ingredients and the proactive antimicrobial properties of probiotics. In addition, these beneficial bacteria are an important part of your body’s defence arsenal.
– Ginger – Gingerol is a compound found in ginger that has been found to help fight infections, particularly mouth infections.
– Coconut Oil – The medium chain fatty acid known as lauric acid found in coconut oil has incredible antibacterial properties.
The next time you feel sick, you should add some of the above listed foods to your diet for several days! You will be amazed by the results!
- Lennihan, Burke. ”Your Natural Medicine Cabinet”;
- Shu, Byron. ”Organic Herbal Remedies to Help Treat Today’s Common Ailments”;