You may think of your skin as just your body’s outer layer. However, your skin is actually an organ, which means that it is much alive and plays an important role in the regulation of various bodily functions.
Specifically, your skin is the first layer of your immune system, which serves as a shield between you and germs like bacteria and viruses. Your skin also helps protect your insides from cold, sun, moisture, scrapes, and cuts. Also, your sense of touch is important for everyday function.
Like other parts of your body, your skin can also be ill or healthy. In addition, it can be malnourished or well nourished. As you age, your skin becomes drier and thinner. That’s not all, as you age, you can also have dark circles, age spots, large pores and wrinkles.
Even though you are not able to control your age, you can regulate many other factors that speed up the aging process, such as cigarette smoking, stress, poor dietary habits, lack of estrogen during menopause, and excessive exposure to sunlight.
Fortunately, the flawless, acne and blemish-free skin that you have always wanted is no more a dream.
In addition, in this article, we are going to present you an excellent natural remedy that can help you get flawless skin.
All you need to do is consume this almond-ginger smoothie on a regular basis.
Furthermore, this smoothie contains potent nutrients that will not only help you get flawless skin, but also improve your overall health.
The Health Benefits of the Ingredients Found in the Recipe:
- Almond butter possesses healthy fats, magnesium, and vitamin E that help improve your skin health.
- Hemps seeds are high in protein and essential omega-3 fatty acids. They also have powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps boost your digestion. Furthermore, ginger is a warming food, which makes it a fantastic choice for winter.
- Bananas are packed with fiber, potassium, and vitamin B6, which help support your kidneys, bones and cardiovascular health.
Almond-Ginger Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of raw almond butter
- One inch ginger (peeled)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until you get a homogenous mixture.
This smoothie is an incredible choice as an afternoon and post-workout snack or for breakfast.
- Buck, Shannon. ˮ200 Tips, Techniques, and Recipes for Natural Beautyˮ;
- Zhang, Ping. ˮAnti-Aging Therapy: How to Clear Away the Wrinkles and Rejuvenate Your Faceˮ;