The consumption of fatty and processed foods can contribute to fatigue as a result of the toxin build-up in your kidneys and liver. Your liver is actually the organ in your body that plays a key role in regulating toxin elimination and fat metabolism. If your liver is overloaded with toxins, you are at a higher risk of a variety of diseases.
You should consume bitter veggies and herbs in order to support kidney and liver detoxification. The bitter taste is usually linked to poisonous chemical constituents, like alkaloids, in plants. It is considered that this bitter taste keeps animals from consuming these plants. But, consuming small amounts of these bitter foods plays an important role in healing. Even animals consume bitter plants when they are sick.
Here Are the Healing Properties of Bitter Foods:
The bitter foods have a great number of nutritional and healing properties. Furthermore, the bitter flavor helps activate many vital physiological responses.
Here are the healing properties of bitter foods:
- Eating bitter foods helps enhance the function of your gallbladder and liver.
- Consuming bitter foods helps keep your blood sugar levels under control, improve the function of your endocrine glands, and balance your hormones. That’s why you should eat more bitter foods if you suffer from diabetes.
- Most bitters are considered to be alkaline-promoting foods that help decrease your body’s acidity. This helps protects against viruses and parasites, thus decreasing your likelihood of a wide range of illnesses.
- Eating bitters helps induce the secretion of mucus in your stomach, thus preventing the formation of ulcers. This may also treat an existing ulcer.
- The consumption of bitters helps enhance your appetite. As a result of the better absorption of nutrients, adding some bitter to your meal helps keep you feel full longer and keep you from overeating. In other words, consuming bitters could be useful for maintaining an optimal body weight.
- Eating bitter foods helps enhance digestion, heal leaky gut, and decrease food sensitivity reactions. It can also enhance the health of your intestinal flora.
- The consumption of bitter foods helps induce digestive acid secretion. This helps enhance food digestion and support proper absorption of nutrients. If you experience acid reflux, you should eat bitters before your meal to stimulate the secretion of stomach acid for optimal digestion.
- Consuming bitters, particularly bittermelon, helps increase the ability of your body to break down and eliminate kidney stones. Also, the regular consumption of bittermelon decreases high acid that results in kidney stone formation.
How to Eat These Foods for Maximum Benefits:
The bitter foods have a number of nutritional and healing properties. Additionally, you should taste the bitterness for maximum benefits.
Avoid masking the bitter flavor with honey or any other sweetener because it interferes with the benefits of bitters. Also, by taking a supplement, you miss out on the incredible health benefits of bitters.
In short, you should acquire the taste of bitters in order to benefit from all the therapeutic effects they provide.
You can consume various bitter vegegies raw, juiced or cooked. Bitter veggies include watercress, Swiss chards, endive, radicchio, purslane, spinach, kale, dandelion greens, chicory, bittergourd, beet greens, and arugula.
Moreover, bitter herbs include gentian root, dandelion root, dill, milk thistle, chicory root, and Burdock leaf.
Drink This Bittergourd Juice to Remove Kidney Stones
You can break down your kidney stones by consuming 6 oz. of bittergourd juice on a daily basis within a period of 30 days. Your kidney stones will be removed through urination.
Bittergourd Juice Recipe
This recipe makes a portion of 4-6 oz.
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil or coconut oil
- ¼ organic lemon (unpeeled)
- 3 pieces of large bittergourd or 6-8 pieces of small bittergourd
Start by washing the bittergourd and then remove the seeds.
Next, juice the lemon and bittergourd and add the extra-virgin olive oil. Mix the ingredients in a mini immersion blender.
Or you can simply stir in the oil and consume it. Repeat the same procedure on a daily basis and consume lots of water.
You may feel kidney stones being removed in your urination about 3 days after consuming the juice.
As bittergourd juice is too strong and bitter, you should drink a bit of it to test for any reaction.
In case you take any prescription drugs, or are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman, avoid consuming too much bitters because they could lead to an adverse reaction within your body.
- King, Jovial. ˮDIY Bitters: Reviving the Forgotten Flavor – A Guide to Making Your Own Bitters for Bartenders, Cocktail Enthusiasts, Herbalists, and Moreˮ;
- McLagan, Jennifer. ˮBitter: A Taste of the World’s Most Dangerous Flavor, with Recipesˮ;