ˮEssiacˮ is actually the name of the founder of Essiac tea spelled backwards. Namely, Rene Caisse was a nurse in Canada who created a natural herbal formula, which included 4 healing herbs.
Essiac tea can be used to treat a painful disorder of the uterus lining called endometriosis. In addition, this herbal tea could also help in the treatment of many cancer types.
In 1959, Rene Caisse met John F. Kennedy’s personal physician, Dr. Charles Brusch. Dr. Brusch was diagnosed with cancer and used Essiac to treat it. Moreover, Dr. Brusch and Caisse have perfected this potent, all-natural cancer treatment, known as the Brusch-Essiac Tea.
In 1977, Rene Caisse gave the formula to one Canadian company. Furthermore, the Canadian government allowed clinical studies on the effectiveness and safety of the formula. But, later the Canadian government withdrew its permission and the company did not get approval by the USFDA.
What Is Essiac Tea Composed of?
The Essiac herbal blends (whether four, six or eight ingredients) help normalize the body systems by stimulating cell repair, preventing cell mutation, purifying the blood, promoting assimilation of the medicinal properties, and preventing toxin accumulation.
The original Essiac mixture is composed of 4 ingredients, such as Indian or Turkey rhubarb root, slippery elm, sheep sorrel, and burdock root.
Additionally, The Brusch-Essiac Tea formula blend includes the same herbs, plus 4 additional ingredients, such as kelp, red clover, blessed thistle, and watercress.
Here Are the Ingredients Found in the Original Essiac Blend:
– Rheum Palmatum (Turkey Rhubarb Root)
Turkey Rhubarb root has long been used as a great laxative. Also, it has been used because of its potent purging properties. It has been used:
- To boost blood flow
- To control menstruation and normalize flow
- To treat skin breakouts, burns, and sores
- To shrink and decrease tumors
- To cleanse and promote bile flow, thus enhancing liver function
- To boost digestion and fight diarrhea.
– Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm)
Slippery elm, also referred to as Indian elm, moose elm, or Red elm, is a powerful herb that helps in the treatment of numerous ailments. Specifically, the fibrous inner bark of this herb has a variety of therapeutic effects. It has been used:
- To cleanse the gastrointestinal tract due to its natural laxative properties
- To lower internal bleeding and swelling
- To detoxify the kidneys through urination
- To soothe coughs and sore throats
- To relieve irritable bowel and inflamed colon
- To alleviate stomach and nervous problems.
– Acetosella Vulgaris (Sheep Sorrel)
Sheep sorrel, also known as red top sorrel, field sorrel, or dog-eared sorrel, is an herb that has many potent disease-fighting properties.
It is the main cancer-fighting herb among all the ingredients found in the blend. This herb is abundant in chlorophyll. It has been used:
- To decrease chromosome and radiation damage
- To eliminate toxins from blood vessels and strengthen cells walls
- To rebuild and protect red blood cells
- To enhance bowel and intestinal functions
- To detoxify the liver
- To detoxify the kidneys
- To lower inflammation and break down tumors.
– Arctium Lappa (Burdock Root)
Burdock Root, also known as gobo root, turkey burseed, hardock, cocklebur, clotbur, or Beggar’s buttons, is a close relative to dandelion and Echinacea. It has been used:
As an infusion to fight rashes, ringworm, and acne
- To improve liver function by stimulating the secretion of bile
- To cleanse the lymphatic system
- To purify the blood by neutralizing poisons
- To enhance the health of the lungs, liver and kidneys
- To boost the immune system
- To lower cell mutation and prevent cancer.
Here Are the 4 Additional Ingredients Present in Improved Essiac Tea Formula:
– Kelp is a sea veggie high in iodine, which makes it an excellent remedy for thyroid disorders. Moreover, it could regulate cell metabolism and boost energy. It is important to understand that iodine is an essential mineral that a large number of people are deficient in. That’s why increasing your iodine levels could result in good overall health.
– Red clover abounds in isoflavones, which could help treat some types of cancer by preventing cells mutation and retarding or destroying cancer cells.
– Blessed thistle helps detoxify and support the reproductive system, liver, kidneys, lungs and gallbladder. Furthermore, it helps fight infections, menstrual disorders, respiratory problems, arthritis, hepatitis, jaundice, and more.
– Watercress helps detoxify the lungs and enhance digestion and appetite. It could also help in the treatment of bronchitis, asthma, and cough. Watercress possesses a substance known as rhein, which helps inhibit the growth of parasites, harmful bacteria, and yeasts in the intestines.
The Health Benefits of Essiac Tea:
The blend of these 4 herbs helps detoxify the colon, liver, kidneys, and blood. It also helps decrease inflammation and inhibit tumor growth.
In fact, Essiac Tea has long been used to treat the following health problems:
- Menstrual disorders
- Mastitis, benign tumors, fibroids, and cysts
- Low energy and sleep problems
- Chronic bowel and stomach problems
- Inflammation and joint pain
- Ringworm and shingles
- Skin problems like eczema, acne, and psoriasis
- Decreased blood sugar levels in diabetics
- HIV and AIDS
- Many cancer types
How to Drink This Tea for Maximum Benefits:
You should consume Essiac Tea on an empty stomach for maximum benefits. It is available in a form of tea bags or tea blend, powder mix, liquid extract, soft gels, and capsules.
The powder mix may be the best option because the herbs are dried, crushed and transformed into powder form.
Simply brew the powdered mix and keep it refrigerated for several days.
Start by filling a stainless steel pot with half a liter of spring water or distilled water and then bring it to a boil.
Next, add about two oz. of Essiac blend powder to the boiling water, cover with lid, reduce the heat and let it simmer for fifteen minutes.
You should stir it from time to time and remove it from heat.
Allow it to sit with the lid on for about twelve hours at room temperature.
Afterwards, stir it and pour the tea into air-tight glass bottles or jars.
Keep it refrigerated and drink it within one or two weeks.
Shake up the bottle because the powder may have settled to the bottom. Next, pour out three oz. of the brewed tea into a cup, and then add three oz. of spring or distilled water. Then, stir and consume.
As mentioned above, you should consume Essiac tea on an empty stomach, half an hour before your meal or about two hours after your meal.
It is advisable to consume two oz. of the tea 2 times daily for minor ailments and maintenance.
You should consume three oz. of the tea 3 times daily for cancer or other serious health problems.
Keep in mind that initial consumption of the tea could lead to pain and healing reactions in some people. Tumors may seem to enlarge before they are broken down. In case you suffer from a brain tumor, you should NOT drink the tea.
You can introduce Essiac Tea to your routine if you are a newly diagnosed cancer patient and you don’t suffer from fast-growing cancer.
On the other hand, in case you suffer from any advanced cancer and have undergone surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation, you can consume Essiac Tea only as a supplemental protocol, not as the main cancer protocol.
In case you take any medications, consult your doctor prior to drinking Essiac Tea.
As Essiac Tea is too strong, nursing and pregnant women or those trying to conceive should avoid drinking it. Also, children under the age of 12 should avoid consuming the tea.
- Olsen Cythia. ˮEssiac: A Native Herbal Cancer Remedyˮ;
- Fitzgerald, Maggie. ˮHealing Herbsˮ;