Cabbage is an incredible vegetable low in calories and high in fiber. It has been found to be a super-food due to its remarkable healing properties.
Specifically, the impressive anti-inflammatory properties of cabbage make it a great remedy for colon and bone problems. Cabbage can also be used as a natural remedy for peptic ulcer and many digestive problems.
Here Is Why You Should Include Cabbage in Your Diet:
Note: Use organic cabbage for maximum benefits.
– Helps Promote Weight Loss: Cabbage has diuretic and detoxifying properties that promote weight loss in a healthy and safe way.
– Detoxifies Your Liver: The consumption of cabbage has been associated with improved liver function. In addition, consume cabbage juice to overcome hangovers. Moreover, the anti-inflammatory effects of the juice could help relieve headache and fight dehydration caused by liver intoxication.
– Heals Peptic Ulcers: Make cabbage juice by mixing 1 small head of cabbage, 2 green apples, 6 celery ribs, half a lemon, and 1-inch fresh ginger root. Drink it on a regular basis in order to heal peptic ulcers.
– Helps Detoxify Your Colon and Stomach: The consumption of freshly squeezed cabbage juice has been found to help detoxify the colon and stomach and heal peptic ulcers. The regular consumption of this juice could help fight diarrhea and decrease intestinal inflammation. Simply consume 2-3 glasses of cabbage juice each day to reap all its health benefits.
– Helps Enhance Your Blood Quality: If you have anemia, you should consume a couple of glasses of cabbage juice daily. Cabbage is an excellent source of chlorophyll and has blood-building properties that help enhance your blood quality and fight anemia.
– Heals Wounds: You can also use cabbage topically to treat many ailments because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Namely, this vegetable has long been used to treat swollen glands or cuticles and engorged breasts by applying cabbage leaves to the affected area and leaving them to act overnight.
You can also use this method to heal blisters, wounds and sore spots. Simply wash the cabbage leaves and roll them flat with a glass bottle or rolling pin. Then, place them in a pot with some water and heat it lightly until the leaves are warm. Afterwards, place a cabbage leaf on the wound and allow it to act for two hours. Also, repeat the same procedure with another leaf until you notice improvements.
How to Consume It:
You can gain the most benefits from this veggie by consuming cabbage juice. However, you can also steam or consume it raw in your favorite salad.
You should consume all 3 types of cabbage, such as Savoy, purple or red, and green cabbage.
Savoy cabbage has powerful anti-cancer properties, so you may want to include it in your daily diet to reduce your cancer risk. This type of cabbage is abundant in sinigrin, i.e., a glucosinolate that has preventive properties against prostate, bladder and colon cancers.
As you can see, cabbage is a super-food that should be introduced in your diet for optimal health.
- Fortunato, Mario. ”NATURAL CURES – Discover The Powers of Fruits and Vegetables: Healthy Foods – Healthy Eating Now, Natural Foods to Feel Better Now, Your Natural Cures Superfoods”;
- Koslo, Jennifer. ”Healthy Smoothie Recipe Book”;