The sinuses are small cavities filled with air located behind the forehead and cheekbones. They produce mucus that typically drains into the nose through small channels.
But, sometimes, these channels get blocked as the sinus linings become inflamed, thus resulting in sinusitis. Furthermore, sinusitis can be triggered by infection, common cold, allergies, deviated septum or nasal polyps.
Unfortunately, sinusitis is a common health issue, which affects about 31 million Americans. Those suffering from sinus or nose structural blockages, asthma, allergies, or those having weak immune systems have an increased risk of experiencing sinusitis.
There Are 4 Types of Sinusitis, Including:
– Acute: Acute sinusitis is characterized by runny, stuffy nose as well as sudden facial pain that lasts up to 2 weeks. However, it sometimes lasts 4 weeks.
– Sub-acute: This type of sinusitis lasts 4-8 weeks.
– Recurrent: The symptoms occur a few times within a year.
– Chronic: It lasts 2 months or more.
In general, sinusitis is actually treated with prescription antibiotics that are not effective in long-term. What’s more, these antibiotics can also trigger many side-effects. So, consider using natural home remedies to solve this problem.
Here is a powerful and safe natural remedy that can efficiently relieve the symptoms of sinus infection. Moreover, apple cider vinegar is its primary ingredient. ACV is an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Therefore, it can strengthen the immune system, thus preventing various diseases.
ACV Sinusitis Remedy:
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- Half a cup of coconut water
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
Note: Use only organic ingredients.
Start by pouring the coconut water in a pan and then heat it.
Next, you should pour it into a mug and add the vinegar.
Afterwards, stir it well and allow it to cool at room temperature.
Add the cayenne pepper and honey and stir the mixture once more.
Finally, pour the lemon juice and also stir the remedy.
This homemade sinusitis cure should be consumed 2 times a day until the symptoms completely disappear. For best results, take it in the morning, on an empty stomach, before breakfast and in the evening, before bedtime.
- Nicolay, Phil. ”The Chronic Sinusitis Cure”;
- Williams, M. ”The Sinusitis Help Book: A Comprehensive Guide to a Common Problem: Questions, Answers, Options”;
- Trainor, Adam. ”The Apple Cider Vinegar Book: 101 Apple Cider Vinegar Uses for Health, Beauty and Wellness”;