The salad recipe presented below contains health-promoting veggies, fruits, and nuts such as avocado, spinach, pomegranate, and pecan. They are high in healthy fats, protein, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. So, the regular consumption of this delicious salad can boost your immune system, increase your energy, and improve your skin health.
The Health Benefits of the Ingredients:
Avocado is a delicious fruit rich in healthy fats.
Here are the most important health benefits of avocado:
- High in folate that can keep your brain healthy, and fight depression;
- Has a high content of vitamin K;
- Abounds in beta-carotene, which is the same antioxidant present in carrots. This antioxidant can improve your eyesight;
- Can help regulate your cholesterol levels;
- Promotes regular bowel movements and enhances your digestive health.
Spinach is a leafy green vegetable that is low in calorie and high in essential nutrients that support the healthy functioning of your body. The veggie is an excellent source of vitamin C that is responsible for the collagen synthesis that your body needs to keep healthy skin and hair. Moreover, here are the health benefits of spinach:
- Abounds in magnesium that can improve your metabolism and boost your immune system;
- Has a high beta-carotene and iron content;
- Helps reduce your risk of asthma and anemia;
- Contains a high amount of fiber that improves your digestion;
- Abounds in potassium that can regulate your blood pressure;
- Possesses an antioxidant that can keep your blood sugar levels under control;
- Has a high amount of vitamin K that can strengthen your bones;
- Reduces your risk of cancer since its high amount of chlorophyll inhibits the carcinogenic effects of chemicals created while cooking foods at high temperatures.
It is a delicious and health-promoting fruit. Here are the health benefits of pomegranates:
- Have antibacterial and antiviral properties that can lower plaque and keep good oral health;
- Boost your blood circulation;
- Possess incredible antiviral, antioxidant, and anti-tumor properties;
- Treat stomach disorders;
- Alleviate a sore throat;
- Decrease inflammation;
- Prevent and fight diabetes and cancer;
- Improve skin health.
You can consume this fruit in multiple ways, like consuming its seeds, consuming pomegranate juice, or using it to prepare molasses.
Pecans are an excellent food choice for those trying to lose weight. In addition, they are rich in fatty acids that help you keep healthy body weight. The antioxidants present in pecans can protect your body by fighting harmful free radicals and warding off infections and diseases, including cancer.
Disease-Fighting Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Pepper and sea salt to taste
- 1/3 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup of raw pecans
- 1/3 cup of organic blackberries
- 1/3 cup of organic cherry tomatoes (sliced in halves)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced into pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups of organic spinach leaves
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Next, add the dressing ingredients to a mason jar and then shake the jar until you get a homogenous mixture.
- Afterwards, you should drizzle the dressing on top of your salad.
- Make sure you toss the salad, so that the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Chandler, Jennifer. ˮSimply Salads: More than 100 Delicious Creative Recipes Made from Prepackaged Greens and a Few Easy-to-Find Ingredientsˮ;
- Miocic, Amanda. ˮEasy Salads Book: Master Salads with 27 Healthy Light Salad Recipesˮ;
- Hanson, Anita. ˮHealthy Salad Cookbook: The Top 50 Most Healthy and Delicious Salad Recipesˮ;