Cabbage is a versatile vegetable that has long been consumed due to its health benefits, like being high in phytonutrients. However, you may not enjoy consuming a bowl full of chopped cabbage.
But, with a bit of finesse and the addition of several tasty ingredients, you can actually make a mouthwatering recipe that will make you enjoy cabbage in your diet.
The Caramelized Cabbage Sauté is an excellent example for such recipe. Not only is it easy to make, but it is also abundant in various nutrients.
Here Are the Benefits of the Ingredients Included in Caramelized Cabbage Sauté:
– Abounds in phytonutrients
– Rich in vitamin C
– Acts as a great antioxidant agent
– Has strong anti-inflammatory properties due to its high content of polyphenols
– Has incredible anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
– Helps purify blood
– Helps support liver detoxification
– Prevents free radical damag
– Low in calories and high in nutrients like vitamin B1, phosphorus, iron, copper, calcium, selenium, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and manganese
– Possesses allicin, a compound that has remarkable medicinal properties
– Boosts your immune system
– Helps treat and prevent a number of common ailments
Grass Fed Butter
– Abounds in minerals and vitamins such as selenium, copper, zinc, chromium, manganese, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin D, and vitamin K2
– High in an anti-inflammatory fatty acid known as butyrate
– Increases the absorption of calcium and improves bone health
– Possesses oleocanthal that helps lower inflammation and prevent cancer
– Contains potent antioxidants known as polyphenols
– Rich in vitamin C, chromium and potent phytochemicals
– Boosts your immune system
– Helps fight infections and decrease inflammation
– Helps keep your blood sugar levels under control
Caramelized Cabbage Sauté Recipe
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of grass fed butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 medium head of green cabbage
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- You should chop the onion and cut the cabbage into ¾ slices.
- Then, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Next, add the onion and cook it for about four minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook it for half a minute with occasional stirring.
- Add ⅓ of the cabbage and cook it over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and stir well.
- Allow the cabbage to brown slightly. Then, use a spatula to turn it over to brown the other side.
- Afterwards, add pepper and salt to taste.
- You should add a tbsp. of butter and another ⅓ of the cabbage.
- After a couple of minutes, flip the cabbage.
- Also, add the rest of the butter and cabbage and allow it to brown.
- You can also add more pepper and salt.
Eating this on a regular basis decreases inflammation and supplies your body with a healthy dose of antioxidants.
- Pistoia, Marilena. ”The Complete Book of Fruits and Vegetables”;
- Fortunato, Mario. ”NATURAL CURES – Discover The Powers of Fruits and Vegetables: Healthy Foods – Healthy Eating Now, Natural Foods to Feel Better Now, Your Natural Cures Superfoods”;