Eating a heavy meal can make you fell full and experience upset stomach, especially during the night. It can also result in poor digestion, acid reflux, and heartburn. Ultimately, it can lead to a sleepless night. If it happens too often, it can contribute to insomnia.
But, here is a natural remedy that can prevent acid reflux and enhance digestion after overeating. It consists of coconut milk, turmeric, and ginger, all of which can reduce and fight inflammation.
The Healing Properties of All Ingredients:
- Turmeric is the main ingredient of this remedy. It is an ancient Indian spice that has excellent anti-inflammatory properties, so that it improves digestion and protects ulcer formation. Other health benefits of turmeric include:
- Soothes arthritis pain
- Thins the blood and improves blood flow
- Detoxifies the liver
- Reduces pain
- Soothes any digestive process
- Fights cancer in early stages
- Coconut milk is packed with beneficial fatty acids, which offer strong antimicrobial properties that can help in cases of bacteria-induced digestive problems.
- Black pepper improves the absorption of turmeric’s main active ingredient known as curcumin.
- Honey is a great source of minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and amino acids that can boost digestion and alleviate bowel irritation.
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tsp. of turmeric
- 1 inch of sliced ginger root or 1 tsp. of ginger powder
- 1 tbsp. of raw, organic honey
- ¼ tsp. of ground black pepper
Place all the ingredients in a bowl, except the honey.
Combine them well until you create a smooth mixture.
Then, you should transfer it in a pan and cook it for about 5 minutes on low heat.
At least, add the honey.
- Balch, Phyllis. ”Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food Supplements”;
- Teta, Jillian. ”Natural Solutions for Digestive Health”;