There is no doubt that consuming water first thing in the morning has beneficial effects on the treatment of many health problems, from a common cold and asthma to even cancer. Also, the ancient Ayurvedic medicine recommends this impressive natural healing therapy.
Consuming water immediately after waking up can purify the entire body. In addition, it is also an excellent habit that cleanses the colon, thus improving your body’s ability to absorb the essential nutrients from the food you consume.
Moreover, Dr. Fereydoon Batmanghelidj graduated from St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School of London University. Furthermore, he studied under Sir Alexander Fleming who was a Nobel Prize winner. Dr. Batmanghelidj carried out research suggesting that this water therapy can effectively help in cases of asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, migraines, and autoimmune diseases.
In 1979, he was imprisoned in Iran as a political prisoner for more than two and a half years. In the prison, he found out the therapeutic effects of water and cured 3,000 fellow inmates who suffered from peptic ulcer disease caused by stress by using water. In 1982, he escaped from Iran and returned to the United States, where in 1983, he reported the findings in the Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology as well as in the New York Times Science Watch.
Dr. Batmanghelidj started examining the effects of chronic dehydration on the human body. Surprisingly, he found that the natural thirst signals of the human body are usually confused with the symptoms of other ailments. Unfortunately, all of us become chronically dehydrated during the lifetime. However, in case we drink lots of water every day, we may prevent the development of certain diseases.
Here Is What You Need to Do:
– Consume 8oz glass of water that does not contain fluoride immediately after getting up in the morning. You can also drink purified water. But, you should also add some minerals, such as baking soda, to alkalize it and reverse osmosis. Make sure you drink the water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
– You should not consume anything about 45 minutes after consuming the water.
– Also, it is recommended to consume a glass of water half an hour before your meals. About 2 hours after each meal you should also drink water.
The Japanese Medical Society notes that this water therapy takes 10 days to cure constipation and certain gastric problems, whereas 1 month to cure high blood pressure.
Here Are 6 Health Benefits of Consuming 8oz of Water on an Empty Stomach:
- It can improve your metabolism. Researchers have found that the consumption of at least 1 large glass of water every morning after waking up enhances the metabolism by 24% for one and a half hours.
- This water therapy can prevent dehydration. While sleeping, your body becomes dehydrated. In other words, after about 8 hours of sleep, you will definitely get up dehydrated in the morning. But, consuming water first thing in the morning helps create new muscle and blood cells, and improve oxygen flow, thus increasing your energy levels.
- It can eliminate any toxins from your body. If you drink plenty of fluids during the day, the kidneys can perform their functions by cleansing and eliminating the toxins. So, drinking water immediately after waking up helps the body flush out toxins very effectively. For best results, you should also squeeze a lemon into it because the lemon can increase your urge to urinate, improving the enzyme function and detoxifying the liver.
- This simple habit can also prevent fatigue and mood swings. Considering the fact that the brain tissue consists of 75% water. In case there is a lack of water in the body, the brain does not function properly, resulting in fatigue and mood swings.
- It can help you lose weight. According to a study, those who consumed a glass of water before their meals lost 4.5 pounds within a period of 3 months.
- It can boost your immune system. Staying well-hydrated supports good lymphatic health, thus enhancing your body’s ability to fight off infections. So, it can prevent and fight a common cold and flu.
On the other hand, many studies have confirmed that dehydration can result in sickness, higher stress and cortisol levels.
Although, water can do wonders for your overall health and well-being, consider consulting a doctor in case your condition is not improving.
However, keep in mind that this water therapy should not be considered as a replacement for seeking medical attention.
- Batmanghelidj, F. ”Water: For Health, for Healing, for Life: You’re Not Sick, You’re Thirsty!”
- DS, Jana. ”Benefits Of Drinking Water”;