Turmeric has gained its popularity due to its impressive therapeutic effects and healing properties. It is actually an ancient Indian spice that can promote overall health and well-being. Moreover, curcumin is the main active ingredient present in turmeric, which possesses exceptional anti-inflammatory properties. According to numerous studies, this ingredient can reduce pain and inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis sufferers.
What’s more important, many lab tests showed that curcumin can also inhibit the growth of some tumor types. Specifically, a study proved that a turmeric extract including curcumin stabilized colorectal cancer.
It has been also found that turmeric could help prevent the development of a variety of skin diseases, stomach ulcers, colitis, and Alzheimer’s disease. Also, it has been proven to reduce high cholesterol levels.
How to Use Turmeric to Reduce Inflammation:
All of us know that turmeric is typically used in South Asian cooking to improve the flavor of a number of dishes. However, you can add turmeric in your diet without having to cook up an entire meal. For instance, consider preparing the following anti-inflammatory turmeric smoothie.
Even though the main ingredient of this delicious smoothie is turmeric, but the recipe also includes many other healthy ingredients. So, the regular consumption of this smoothie can boost your immune system as well as fight inflammation.
Pineapple-Turmeric Smoothie Recipe
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric
- Half a cup of pineapple or mango (It is high in vitamin C that acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, boosts the immune system, and prevents the development of a variety of conditions.)
- A cup of coconut milk (The coconut milk is a great source of vitamin B1, B3, B5, B6, C, and E, and fiber.)
- Half a teaspoon of ginger (It has an ability to alleviate the symptoms triggered by menstruation and arthritis. Plus, it can effectively relieve the symptoms of dizziness and nausea.)
- 1 banana (This fruit is rich in potassium, i.e., a mineral that helps keep proper fluid balance and supports good muscle, nerve, heart and brain function.)
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon (This ingredient is beneficial for reducing blood sugar levels in diabetes patients.)
- A teaspoon of chia seeds (They are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, calcium, protein, and fiber.)
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper (This ingredient can provide optimal nutrient absorption of the healing properties of turmeric.)
- A teaspoon of maca powder (It is usually used in the treatment of chronic fatigue and anemia. Also, it can increase your energy levels throughout the day.)
So, you are familiar with all the health benefits and ingredients included in the recipe. In addition, check out the video below to learn step-by-step instructions on how to prepare this delicious turmeric smoothie.
- Brandon, Britt. ”Turmeric for Health: 100 Amazing and Unexpected Uses for Turmeric”;
- Koslo, Jennifer. ”Healthy Smoothie Recipe Book”;
- McKay, Lindsay. ”Turmeric Drink Recipes For Optimum Health: Smoothies, Juice, Tea and much more!”;