Golden milk is a mixture of coconut oil, coconut milk, turmeric, and other health-promoting spices and herbs. This drink is nutritious, delicious, creamy, and packed with various health benefits. Moreover, it is a disease-fighting drink that can be consumed anytime of the day. However, you may want to drink it before going to bed or before your breakfast for maximum benefits.
This beverage originates from India. In addition, it has long been used in Ayurvedic medicine as a result of its anti-inflammatory, detoxification, anti-diabetic and other healing properties. It has been used in the treatment of many inflammatory conditions and diseases and as a tonic for optimal overall health.
The regular consumption of this natural remedy helps cleanse your liver of various toxins. Make sure you take it before going to bed every night in order to detoxify your liver.
That’s not all, it is also highly palatable and easy to make.
What Are the Ingredients of Golden Milk?
Golden milk contains coconut oil, coconut milk, turmeric, and many other spices and herbs. Namely, it is made with coconut oil, coconut milk, turmeric powder, ginger root, and black pepper. Turmeric is the main ingredient in this recipe since it has numerous health benefits. But, coconut oil, coconut milk, black pepper, and ginger also provide various health benefits.
Here Are the Health Benefits of These Ingredients:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a spice that helps fight gastrointestinal disorders, skin conditions, joint and muscle pain, respiratory problems, liver disease, inflammatory conditions, and more. This ingredient has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, which make it useful for treating chronic diseases triggered by high levels of inflammation.
- Ginger: Of the 115 chemical components present in ginger, the healing properties are attributed to gingerols, i.e., the oily resin that works as a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent. Ginger has been found to relieve nausea, enhance digestion, and reduce the duration and severity of colds. It could also relieve muscle and menstrual pain and keep your blood sugar levels under control because of its incredible anti-inflammatory properties.
- Coconut Milk: Coconut milk is an excellent source of magnesium, fatty acids, vitamin B, and electrolytes, which help prevent weight gain, control your blood sugar levels, and relieve joint pain.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is considered a super-food thanks to its numerous therapeutic effects and health benefits. Furthermore, it has been found to help you keep optimal body weight, boost your immune system, improve your heart health, and enhance digestion. What’s more, it can also help in the treatment of liver and kidney disease. It can also be applied topically since it acts as a fantastic wound healer and skin moisturizer.
- Black pepper: It helps relieve the symptoms of cold, enhance digestion, treat anemia, and protect against free radical damage. This ingredient is introduced in this recipe to increase the bioavailability of turmeric.
Homemade Golden Milk Recipe
- A teaspoon of turmeric powder
- A tablespoon of raw, organic coconut oil
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- A pinch of black pepper
- One small piece of fresh, peeled and minced ginger root
Other Ingredients You May Want to Use:
- A teaspoon of raw, organic honey
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
Mix all the ingredients together and then transfer the mixture in a saucepan. Next, heat it up for several minutes.
As mentioned above, consume this beverage before going to bed or an empty stomach to decrease inflammation, promote healing, detoxify your body, and more.
- Majeed, Muhammed. ”Turmeric and the Healing Curcuminoids”;
- Mayo Clinic. ˮThe Mayo Clinic Book of Home Remedies: What to Do For The Most Common Health Problemsˮ;