Undoubtedly, onions have been cultivated since ancient times by central Asian people. Then, people all over the world also started cultivating them.
This veggie was historically used as an effective preventative measure against common colds, cough, flue, plague, and cholera.
Onions can actually help in the treatment of a wide range of health issues thanks to their powerful antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic abilities.
That’s not all, they are abundant in flavonoids and sulfur that regulate blood sugar levels, as well as packed with potent antioxidants, including quercetin that can eliminate free radicals and boost overall health.
Here Are the Exceptional Medicinal Properties of Onions:
- Reduce the symptoms of chronic vomiting
- Decrease bad cholesterol levels
- Regulate blood sugar levels
- Help in cases of arthritis and cardiovascular diseases
- Purify blood.
Here Is Also How to Use Them to Prepare Natural Remedies that Help in the Treatment of:
Make a cup of peppermint tea and let it cool off. You should also squeeze some onion juice through cheesecloth, and then consume 2 teaspoons of it. Also, after 5 minutes, consume another 2 teaspoons of the cold peppermint tea. After 10 minutes you should also repeat the same procedure. You should take a bit of the onion juice, then some peppermint tea, onion and again tea until the vomiting symptoms go away. You will be amazed by the results.
Start by peeling a large-sized onion, and then cut it in halves. Afterwards, a tablespoon of brown sugar should be added on them. In addition, they should be left on for 60 minutes. At least, it should be consumed 2 times a day for relieving cough symptoms.
Cut an onion into thin slices and combine them with some raw, organic coconut oil. Next, you should apply and gently massage your feet by using the resulted mixture. Moreover, you can also place a few onion slices on the arches of your and put on socks. You should not put off the socks till the next morning.
– Chest congestion
Create a paste by using some coconut oil and 1 onion. It should be applied on the chest, and covered with a towel. Put on a shirt and finally take a shower.
– Ear infection and pain
Chop an onion, place it in a sock and then place it on the aching ear. You should hold it there until you notice the improvements.
As a result of the fact that the transparent skin of an onion offers extraordinary antiseptic properties and protects the skin from any damage, it should be applied directly on the cut. Furthermore, it will actually stop the bleeding right away.
Cut a yellow onion into small slices and add them to some water. Next, bring it to a boil and then remove it from the heat. Let it cool off and drain it. At least, you should give your child a teaspoon of the remedy every hour until you notice that the colic symptoms completely disappear.
Onions Can Also Be Used to Purify the Air:
By placing onion slices around your house, they can destroy all bacteria and viruses present in the air.
– You should cut an onion into small slices and use them to massage your skin in order to prevent freckles and insect bites.
– By rubbing them onto the scalp you can accelerate the growth of your hair.
– Consider boiling onion juice and then spray it onto your plants to protect them from pests and bugs.
– It is recommended to place a few onions in clothes in order to prevent moths.
– You can clean as well as polish glass and copper objects by using several onion slices.
– Use onion slices to clean your clothes iron and prevent rust.
What’s more important, the World Health Organization also recommends that onions should be used in the treatment of congestion, colds, coughs, flu, bronchitis, and infections.
- Ferrer, Gustavo. ”Cough Cures”;
- Gladstar, Rosemary. ”Medicinal Herbs”;
- Pitchford, Paul. ”Healing with Whole Foods”;