The thyroid gland is a gland located in the neck. It is responsible for energy and metabolism. This gland is actually of vital importance for overall health because each cell in the human body has thyroid hormone receptors.
Unluckily, a number of people suffer from thyroid disorders. Some of the thyroid sufferers are not even aware of their condition.
Moreover, thyroid problems can range from a harmless goiter, i.e., enlarged thyroid gland, to life-threatening condition. In addition, the most frequently experienced thyroid disorders include improper production of thyroid hormones. Excessive production of thyroid hormone leads to hyperthyroidism, whereas very low production of the hormone contributes to hypothyroidism.
But, by following a healthy diet, exercising on a regular basis, getting adequate rest and sleep, and lowering stress levels, you can help in the treatment of any thyroid disorder.
It is advisable to consult a holistic doctor in order to find out the root cause of your thyroid disorder and start using the proper natural treatment.
Here Are a Few Effective Natural Options to Treat Your Thyroid Problems:
– Increase your consumption of foods rich in vitamin K2, and A. You can also start taking these vitamins as well as vitamin D in a supplement form because they can efficiently regulate the production of thyroid hormones. There has recently been carried out research suggesting that vitamin D, A, and K2 deficiency could increase the risk of developing thyroid problems.
– Unlike other oils, coconut oil does not impede the conversion of T4 to T3 when heated. Therefore, consider using this oil as an excellent natural variety for cooking. What’s more, the daily consumption of 1 tablespoon of coconut oil induces weight loss, improves metabolism, and boost the immune system, thus helping in the treatment of thyroid disorders.
– Limit your consumption of gluten-rich foods as they could lead to an autoimmune response, thus resulting in Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, which is an autoimmune common thyroid disorder.
– Introduce seaweed and other sea vegetables, including algae, wakame, kombu, and nori in your diet. These vegetables are packed with iodine and many other essential nutrients that help in the treatment of these issues.
– Support a healthy immune system by daily consuming bone broth. In addition, it is a natural remedy that can heal the intestinal mucosa that is very important for good thyroid function. So, it is advisable to consume a cup of bone broth with added a pinch of sea salt and seaweed flakes on a daily basis.
– It is recommended to practice certain relaxation techniques, including meditation, yoga, or tai chi, in case your thyroid problem is caused by chronic stress, severe depression, or trauma.
– Avoid eating peanuts and peanut butter since they are rich goitrogens, which can worsen your thyroid health.
- Scotts, Jason. ”Thyroid Diet”;
- Cohen, Suzy. ”Thyroid Healthy, Lose Weight, Look Beautiful and Live the Life You Imagine”;