Water is actually the main component of your body. Namely, your body is composed of about 70% water. The regular and adequate consumption of water has a wide array of health benefits. Also, it does not contain sugar, carbohydrates, fat or calories.
In addition, the amount of water you drink on a daily basis plays a role in keeping a healthy body. Physicians recommend consuming 8-10 glasses of water daily to maintain good health.
The regular consumption of this beverage helps keep your body well hydrated that is crucial as every single cell in your body requires water to function optimally.
In fact, water is essential for your life. This means that by consuming enough water, you can maintain good overall health.
But, your body loses water through breathing, sweating, urination, and digestion. That’s why you should rehydrate your body by consuming plenty of it and eating foods rich in water.
It is important to understand that almost all people who are in good physical health drink enough water and other beverages whenever they are thirsty.
A dietitian for the Beverage Institute, Joan Koelemay, says that you should think of water as a nutrient your body requires that is found in foods, liquids, and plain water. They are essential daily to replace the amounts of water lost on a daily basis.
You Should Drink Enough Water As It Influences 100% of the Processes in Your Body. Here Are the Health Benefits of Drinking Lots of This Beverage Every Day:
- Helps maintain regularity
- Alleviates headaches
- Protects sprains and cramps
- Improves the function of your kidneys
- Enhances your mood
- Enhances your skin health
- Strengthens your immune system
- Removes toxins from your body
- Helps promote weight loss
- Boosts energy
- Reduces fatigue
It helps stimulate the metabolic process. Moreover, it could also help burn the calories more quickly. Furthermore, it also helps suppress your appetite, which means that by consuming lots of it, you can lose the excess weight more quickly.
Tips on How to Increase Your Water Intake:
- Drink at least eight glasses of water every day to maintain good overall health.
- Have a bottle of water with you wherever you go and consume it all day long.
- Consume a glass of water first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach.
- You can suppress your appetite by consuming a glass of water before each meal.
- Add lemons or limes to your water to enhance your body’s ability to burn calories.
- The consumption of ice cold water can boost your metabolism since your body will start working harder to warm the water up.
- Drink tea or lemon juice during the day.
- Include fruits and vegetables (rich in water) in your diet to help hydrate your body.
- Roberts, Pamela. ˮHealthy & Hydrated: The Key to Vibrant Aging; Inside and Outˮ;
- Batmanghelidj, F. ˮWater: For Health, for Healing, for Life: You’re Not Sick, You’re Thirsty!ˮ;