The uric acid crystal formation in the joints is caused by poor lifestyle choices. If left untreated, it can result in a painful condition called gout.
Gout is characterized by slight swelling and stiffness or severe swelling and pain in joints.
In addition, the root cause of this painful condition is uric acid overload triggered by inefficient waste removal or excessive production.
Uric acid is created during purine breakdown. Purines are chemicals present in various foods. They can also occur naturally in your body.
If your kidneys are not able to remove uric acid from your body, crystal formations may be produced and deposited around your joints.
Here Is How to Decrease Uric Acid:
You should make certain dietary and lifestyle changes in order to prevent the formation of uric acid crystals in your joints. Simply incorporate lots of fresh colorful veggies and fruits; whole, unprocessed grains; and lean meat and seafood in your daily diet.
You should also avoid consuming foods high in saturated fats, processed sugars like high fructose corn syrup, and alcohol.
It is recommended to keep your body hydrated with a combination of natural juices without added sugar, water, herbal teas sweetened with raw organic honey, and fruit infused water.
Also, try to manage stress through means that are easily obtainable. Practice mediation or take a walk are some great examples for this.
3 Natural Remedies to Alleviate the Symptoms of Gout:
- Baking soda is a natural remedy that can help reduce uric acid in your body. Drinking a mixture of ½ tsp. of baking soda and a glass of water on a daily basis helps prevent the formation of uric acid crystal in your body, thus reducing your risk of gout. If you suffer from gout attacks, then consume a mixture of a glass of water and 1 tsp. of baking soda on a daily basis.
- Drink a mixture of 8 oz. of water and 1 tbsp. of raw, organic apple cider vinegar before your lunch and dinner on a daily basis. ACV is a natural remedy that can also elevate the alkalinity of your body. Additionally, this type of vinegar possesses malic acid that can help break down and remove uric acid from your body.
- Lemon water is a delicious beverage that helps elevate the alkalinity of your body and prevent the formation of uric acid crystals. All you need to do is squeeze 1/2 lemon into 8 oz. of lukewarm or warm water and consume it each morning before your breakfast.
Incorporate the Following Foods in Your Diet to Treat Gout:
– Researchers at the Lanzhou Medical College found that the polyphenols, anthocyanidins, and proanthocyanidins present in grapes, cherries and berries had potent anti-inflammatory properties.
– In many clinical trials, bromelain, found in pineapples, was proven to have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
– Curcumin, the main active ingredient present in turmeric, was found to have strong anti-inflammatory properties and help improve kidney health.
– In a lab test conducted at the Federal Fluminense University, the medicinal properties of flaxseed decreased serum uric acid of subjects.
– 15 flavonoids were proven to decrease uric acid in the body through a variety of mechanisms, 2 of which are quercetin and kaempferol present in parsley. Moreover, it also possesses apigenin that helps inhibit the xanthine oxidase enzyme that converts purines into uric acid.
– The University Hospital of Zurich in Switzerland found that Devil’s Claw extract had measurable anti-inflammatory properties.
Other Important Tips:
If you think you suffer from gout, you should seek medical advice.
During a gout attacks, you should rest the affected area and soak in Epson salt baths three times a week to decrease inflammation and alleviate pain.
Hot and cold compresses can also help lower swelling and pain. Apply hot and cold compresses for fifteen minutes each in alternating sessions of a couple of hours.
- Christopher, John. ”School of Natural Healing”;
- Malterre, Tom. ”The Elimination Diet”;