Do you add lemon juice, black pepper and salt to your salads? These ingredients can be found in every kitchen. Not only they are added to food to improve its taste, but they also act as potent medicines. Actually, they can be used as a natural remedy in the treatment of a variety of ailments.
You Should Use These Natural Ingredients to Treat the Following Health Problems:
– A sore throat – In case you experience a sore throat, then you should combine a large glass of warm water with 1 tsp. of salt, half tsp. of black pepper and 1 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice. This natural remedy can help you soothe your sore throat. You should gargle with the solution in order to prevent cough.
– Stuffy nose – You should use the following remedy to unclog your stuffed nose. All you need to do is combine same amounts of cardamom, pepper, cinnamon, and cumin and then smell it until you sneeze.
– Toothache – In case you experience toothache, but you cannot visit your dentist, just combine some clove oil with half a tsp. of ground pepper. Afterwards, you should apply it to the aching tooth. It will alleviate the pain. However, it does not mean that it will treat the root cause of the problem. The remedy only acts as a temporary solution before you visit your dentist.
– Gallstones – In fact, gallstones are deposits formed from digestion fluids that interfere with digestion and lead to pain. You can eliminate them by undergoing surgery, but you can also get rid of them in a natural way. The only thing you should do is create a mixture of 1 part each of black pepper and lemon juice and 3 parts of olive oil.
– Weight gain – You can greatly accelerate your metabolism by consuming this natural remedy: add 1 tbsp. of raw, organic honey, 2 tbsp. of lemon juice, ¼ ground pepper in warm water. Lemons are rich in polyphenols that can speed up the metabolism, prevent weight gain and regulate insulin.
– Mouth sores – You can speed up the healing process of mouth sores by gargling with a mixture of 1 tbsp. of Himalayan pink salt and some warm water. Namely, the remedy has antibacterial properties that can effectively destroy bacteria that cause mouth sores.
– Nausea – Black pepper may soothe the stomach and lemon can reduce the symptoms of nausea. So, consider drinking a mixture of a glass of warm water, 1 tsp. of pepper and 1 tbsp. of lemon juice. Make sure you consume it slowly.
– A cold and flu – You can treat your common cold by consuming a mixture of 1/2 lemon juice and 1 cup of boiling water. Also, you can add the peel of the lemon in it and let it steep for around 10 minutes. Finally, remove the peel and add some raw organic honey for better results.
– Asthma attacks – You can significantly alleviate the breathing difficulties triggered by asthma. It is advisable to add 15 basil leaves, 2 clove buds, and 10 grains pepper in boiling water. Allow it to simmer for about 15 minutes and then strain it. Let it cool and add 2 tbsp. of honey. Next, pour the remedy in a jar and close it. Store it in the fridge for up to 14 days.
– Nosebleeds – If you experience a nosebleed, just dip a cotton ball in some lemon juice. Afterwards, put it in the nostril. But, you should tilt your head in order to prevent blood drips in the throat or nausea as well as stop bleeding.
Note: The above mentioned natural remedies may only offer short-term relief. So, in case you do not notice any improvements in your condition, it is highly recommended to visit a doctor.
- Vukovic, Laurel. ”1001 Natural Remedies”;
- Sonoma Press. ”Do-It-Yourself Herbal Medicine: Home-Crafted Remedies for Health and Beauty”;