When almost all people think of flossing and brushing, they think about preventing gum disease and dental carries, keeping fresh breath and healthy smile. However, adequate oral hygiene is about more than fresh breath and clean teeth; it is an excellent way to help keep good overall health.
In addition, you use your teeth to chew food, which means that they are actually the first step in the digestive process. Proper oral hygiene practice helps keep lasting function and durability of your teeth.
On the other hand, poor oral hygiene can result in bad breath, inflamed and infected gums, tooth loss, cavities, and more.
An unhealthy mouth, particularly if you suffer from gum disease, could raise your likelihood of serious health issues, including poorly controlled diabetes, stroke, heart attack, and preterm labor.
To prevent all these health problems, you should maintain good oral hygiene.
Homemade Remedy to Remove Tartar
- Warm water
- Antiseptic mouthwash
- Half a cup of hydrogen peroxide
- Half a tsp. of salt
- 1 tbsp. of baking soda
- In a cup, mix the salt with the baking soda.
- Afterwards, moisten your toothbrush with the warm water. Then, apply a bit of the paste to your toothbrush.
- Next, rub your teeth gently with your toothbrush.
- After several seconds, spit it out.
- Make sure you repeat the same procedure for about five minutes.
Mix 1/2 cup of warm water with the hydrogen peroxide and then rinse your mouth with this solution for about 60 seconds.
Next, spit it out and rinse your mouth with cold water.
You should use the floss to rub the tartar carefully. But, make sure you do it carefully to prevent gum irritation.
Finally, rinse your mouth thoroughly with the antiseptic mouthwash for best results.
This simple method can help you get rid of tartar completely naturally.
- Anderberg, Kirsten. ˮOral Health, Naturally: Homemade Toothpaste and Mouthwash Recipesˮ;
- Artemis, Nadine. ˮHolistic Dental Care: The Complete Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gumsˮ;