Ginger is one of the healthiest spices known to mankind. Being a spicy, aromatic, and pungent ingredient, ginger adds a unique flavor to various Asian dishes. It has been long used in India and Chine due to its medicinal properties.
Nutritional Value and Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger is packed with manganese and potassium, which are minerals that play an important role in supporting heart function. Additionally, manganese has an ability to build resistance to disease as well as prevent any damage of the lining of the circulatory system and heart. Plus, it is abundant in magnesium, sodium, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, iron, beta-carotene and vitamins B-complex, C, A, and E. It is also a good source of silicon, which can keep the nails, teeth, hair, and skin healthy.
Furthermore, it has been used in the treatment of many digestive issues, including loss of appetite, nausea, stomach pain and motion sickness.
That’s not all, the powerful anti-inflammatory properties of ginger make it an excellent natural pain-killer. To be more specific, it has strong anti-inflammatory compounds known as gingerols that help provide a relief from muscle, joint, and nerve pain.
The Journal of Natural Products published a study suggesting that high-quality unprocessed ginger extracts and gingerol derivatives can help in the prevention of joint inflammation. What’s more, Phytotherapy Research published another study showing that ginger may relieve neuropathic pain in rats.
Also, it has been found that the regular consumption of ginger can help prevent migraine headaches.
Ginger Water Recipe
- 3 cups of water
- 1-2 inches of fresh ginger root
- Half a lemon
- Some raw, organic honey
- Use a zester to finely grate the ginger root.
- Afterwards, mix it with the water and then add the lemon juice.
- At least, add the honey, strain and consume it during the day.
- This remedy helps in cases of muscle and joint pain, heartburn, and even migraines.
- Bradford. ”Natural Painkillers”;
- Meredith, Sarah. ”Ginger: Discover the Amazing Health Benefits and uses of Ginger Today!”;
- Brandon, Britt. ”Ginger For Health: 100 Amazing and Unexpected Uses for Ginger”;