Honey is a pure and unfiltered sweetener created by bees from the nectar of flowers. Almost all types of honey consumed nowadays are processed and filtered varieties.
Unlike processed honey, raw, organic honey doesn’t get robbed of its remarkable nutritional value and healing properties. It has potent antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antifungal, and antioxidant properties. Due to all these disease-fighting properties, raw, organic honey could help fight everything from sleep problems and low energy to various skin conditions. Consuming raw, organic honey could also help promote weight loss.
That’s not all, this all-natural sweetener can do much more than you think.
Here Are 50 Incredible Ways to Benefit from Honey:
- You can speed up the healing of sunburns by applying some honey to the affected areas.
- Apply honey topically in order to soothe and disinfect skin wounds.
- You can heal skin ulcers by applying it directly to the affected area.
- Honey prevents bandage from sticking to scabs.
- You can also use it to heal burn wounds.
- It can also help in the treatment of acne.
- You can also use it as a topical treatment for eczema.
- Honey could induce the growth of your hair.
- It helps moisturize and smooth your dry skin.
- It helps promote moisturized and shiny hair.
- You can apply some honey to your hair to protect it from split ends.
- It helps prevent and fight dandruff.
- Honey helps heal lesions and alleviate an itchy, flaky scalp.
- It helps plump up your eyelashes.
- It can help alleviate the symptoms of seasonal allergies.
- It alleviates and builds immunity to hay fever.
- Consuming honey suppresses night-time coughing as well as improves sleep during a cold.
- It also helps soothe a sore throat.
- The regular consumption of honey helps reduce the severity and duration of asthma attacks.
- Eat some honey in order to stimulate melatonin production and get restorative sleep.
- It could lower throat inflammation.
- Introduce honey in your diet if you suffer from bronchial asthma.
- It helps fight a fever.
- Use honey to relieve the chills during a cold.
- Consuming honey helps boost your immune system.
- It fights hiccups.
- The regular consumption of honey helps boost your metabolism and contribute to weight loss.
- You can enhance digestion by eating honey.
- It helps prevent or fight indigestion.
- Consume some honey in order to alleviate nausea.
- You should eat it to prevent or fight constipation.
- The consumption of honey can also treat diarrhea.
- This natural remedy can also relieve the symptoms of food poisoning.
- Adding this super-food to your diet helps stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria in your gut.
- Honey helps treat and soothe the pain of stomach ulcers.
- You can cleanse your colon and liver of parasites by consuming honey.
- Honey could help alkalize your body’s pH level.
- It helps relieve a toothache.
- You can also use it to whiten your teeth.
- The regular honey consumption has been associated with strong bones.
- Honey helps provide headache relief.
- You can use it to heal athlete’s foot.
- You can fight urinary tract infections by using honey.
- It helps fight a yeast infection.
- It can help relieve a hangover.
- Including it in your diet can help decrease your LDL (bad) cholesterol and reduce your risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
- Honey helps improve the function of your brain by boosting your blood circulation.
- This natural remedy can also enhance mental alertness, boost energy, and lower fatigue.
- Honey has been associated with reduced levels of anxiety.
- The infusion of antioxidants helps decrease your risk of cancer.
Caution: Even though honey can provide all these health benefits, it should NOT be given to babies under the age of one. The Mayo Clinic notes that wild honey is a potential source of infant botulism, which is a serious condition that requires immediate medical attention.
- Adams, Amy. ˮHoney: The Natural Miracle Healing Substance: Facts about the wonder that is honey with recipes for Natural Remedies, Skin and Beautyˮ;
- Lebon, Danyale. ˮNatural Cures: The Ultimate Honey Cure: 31 Amazing Health Benefits, secrets and uses of honey natural cures revealedˮ;