Beets are one of the healthiest vegetables because they are chock-full of essential nutrients. They are abundant in iron, B vitamins, potassium, iodine, magnesium, copper, manganese, and phosphorus.
They are a unique source of health-boosting nutrients known as betalains. Vulgaxanthin and betanin are the most powerful betalains present in beets. These 2 nutrients have been found to provide excellent anti-inflammatory, detoxification and antioxidant support. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of the veggie can help fight free radicals in the body as well as enhance overall health.
The regular consumption of beets has been associated with improved eye health, colon health and liver health. Moreover, it can also provide the body with energy all day long. What’s more, beets possess rare compounds such as betamine, which can help soothe and calm the nerves, thus reducing stress.
In addition, the dark red color of the vegetable is attributed to its unique compounds called anthocyanins, which have anti-cancer properties.
Beetroot is usually added as an ingredient to salads, pickles, and soups. That’s not all, it is also commonly used as an all-natural coloring agent. Many people put beets in green veggie juices with cucumber, celery, ginger, and spinach.
Although the veggie is available throughout the year, it is still considered a seasonal vegetable.
Healthy and Delicious Beetroot Salad Recipe
- 3 beets
- 2 onions
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- A tsp. of raw, unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- A tsp. of extra virgin olive oil
You should use only organic ingredients in the salad.
- First of all, peel the beets and then cook them in water. Also, you should add some salt.
- Afterwards, chop them into small slices and then put them in a bowl.
- You should also chop the onion and combine it with the beets.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Then, season with some Himalayan salt to taste.
- You can also sprinkle it with some vinaigrette.
- Leave it to sit for at least an hour.
The regular consumption of this highly nutritious salad can detoxify your liver and colon and enhance your eyesight. It can also do much more for your overall health and well-being, so you should consume it on a daily basis.
- Davidson, John. ˮHealth Benefits of Beetrootˮ;
- Mateljan, George. ˮThe World’s Healthiest Foodsˮ;
- Calton, Jayson. ˮThe Micronutrient Miracleˮ;