Have you ever used a new laundry detergent and then experienced skin rash or irritation? There is no doubt that the new detergent may trigger your skin rash and irritation. The University of Washington carried out a study confirming that many popular laundry detergents and products contain toxic ingredients, causing various side effects.
One of the researchers conducting the study, Anne Steinemann, was shocked by the toxicity levels present in the tested laundry detergents.
She reveals that they tested 6 products and all of them contained about a hundred unlabeled volatile organic compounds. What’s more, almost all tested laundry products included one or more carcinogenic ingredients. In addition, the Environmental Protection Agency considers these ingredients as being dangerous.
So, there are a lot of people who started looking for a healthier alternative to cleaner clothes. We all know that there are a great number of natural solutions that serve as great laundry detergents. However, white vinegar seems to be the best and does not contain any toxic ingredients.
White Vinegar’s Laundry Benefits:
– White vinegar is a perfect natural solution for removing sweat and deodorant stains thanks to its acidity. Moreover, it can also offer excellent results even if used on a cold wash. All you need to do is pour some vinegar directly to the stain prior to washing.
– Did you know that skin irritations triggered by detergents can be experienced due to the bacterial residue left on the clothes? But, if you add half a cup of white vinegar, it can get rid of any residue, thus preventing skin irritations.
– White vinegar can soften the laundry in the same manner as each fabric softener. In other words, you can use white vinegar to soften your laundry as it is as effective as fabric softeners, but it does not possess any harmful chemical. The only thing you should do is pour half a cup of it to a regular sized load.
– It has been found that a mixture of salt and white vinegar has potent antibacterial properties. Therefore, a mixture of 2 teaspoons of salt and half a cup of vinegar can eliminate any bacterial residue on the laundry.
– In fact, people use detergents as they think that natural varieties cannot remove any odor from the clothes. But, white vinegar can effectively remove any bad odor from your clothes.
– In case there is any stain that can ruin your clothes, such as grease, coffee, or red wine, you should use a mixture of some warm water and half a cup of white vinegar to eliminate it. Just leave the laundry in the white vinegar-water solution during the night. Next, you should wash the clothes as usual. You will be amazed by the results.
– You can also get rid of all pet hairs from your clothes by using white vinegar. It is advisable to use half a cup of the vinegar for regular-sized load to remove any pet hair from the laundry.
– Using white vinegar for washing the clothes can prevent static shocks. In addition, they are actually triggered by the commercial laundry detergents.
– When it comes to washing any delicates and hand wash clothes, you should pour 6 tablespoons of white vinegar to cold water and then leave the clothes to soak for about 60 minutes. Then, just scrub and wash them as usual.
– The regular use of a washing machine can result in limescale buildup. So, instead of using harmful chemicals to eliminate it, you should use a cup of white vinegar because it contains the adequate acidity amount to remove it, without leaving any toxins to the laundry.
– Briggs, Margaret. ”Vinegar – 1001 Practical Uses”;
– Thacker, Emily. ”The Vinegar Book”;