You are probably familiar with the health benefits of guava fruit. However, did you know that guava leaves have multiple medicinal properties and provide a number of health benefits?
The leaves of the guava tree are packed with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial agents, which help treat everything from stomach problems to chronic diseases, including cancer. They are also abundant in vitamins and nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin A, fiber, lycopene, potassium, and more.
That’s not all, the naturally-occurring chemicals in the leaves, like tannins, flavonoids, carotenoids, and polyphenols, help prevent or reverse a wide array of ailments.
Here Are 17 Incredible Health Benefits of Guava Leaves:
- If you suffer from cough or bronchitis, you may want to drink guava leaf tea.
- The consumption of guava leaf tea also helps prevent carbohydrates from turning into sugar. This means that the regular consumption of this tea helps suppress your appetite, thus preventing weight gain.
- Drinking guava leaf tea helps reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol without causing any adverse side effects.
- This tea may also help treat infertility in men.
- The consumption of this tea helps relieve diarrhea and dysentery due to its potent antimicrobial properties.
- Guava leaf tea helps soothe an upset stomach and helps in case of food poisoning.
- You should apply crushed guava leaves to your skin to relieve insect bites.
- You can also alleviate itching triggered by allergies by applying crushed guava leaves onto the affected area.
- To alleviate inflamed gums, toothache and sores in your oral cavity, chew guava leaves.
- Guava leaves help prevent or fight hair loss. Simply boil them and let them cool to room temperature. Next, massage your scalp in order to prevent any further hair loss.
- You can treat dengue by boiling nine guava leaves in five cups of water. Make sure you boil it until the amount of water decreases by half.
- You can prevent infections by applying crushed guava leaves on minor cuts such as abrasions or scrapes. Also, you can make tea to fight an outer ear infection. All you need to do is prepare it, allow it to cool and drop a bit of it on the affected area.
- The leaves are a great source of vitamin C that helps fight pimples and acne.
- Guava leaf tea helps in the treatment of diabetes because it may lower blood sugar levels and doesn’t induce the secretion of insulin.
- The regular consumption of guava leaf tea may also help in the treatment of enlarged prostate and cancer.
- Crush several guava leaves and mix with some water. Then, apply it to your skin in order to prevent premature skin aging.
- To get rid of blackheads completely naturally, simply crush several guava leaves and mix with a bit of water. Use the mixture instead of your regular face scrub.
- Cooksey, Terry. ”Natural Healing – BOOK of CURES: There Is A Cure For All Disease”;
- Lennihan, Burke. ”Your Natural Medicine Cabinet”;