Pharmaceutical medications aren’t the only path to pain relief. You do not have to reach for over-the-counter pain relievers, or the drugs prescribed by your doctor because there are many powerful natural pain relievers.
Even though most pharmaceutical pain relievers are effective and beneficial at times, they usually come with numerous adverse side effects. It is a fact that the ibuprofen is the first thing a great number of people reach for whenever they experience pain.
Ibuprofen often triggers short-term effects such as vomiting, chest pain, shortness of breath, heartburn, indigestion, and more. Over time, the regular use of this type of pain reliever can result in permanent liver damage as well as addiction.
In case you suffer from chronic pain, pain relievers could be less effective over time, which means that you will probably have to take more and more in order to get on with your day.
Luckily, you can use herbs, plants, oils and many other natural remedies to relieve everything from headaches to arthritis pain.
DIY Natural Pain Reliever
You can use this natural remedy to alleviate mental fog, headaches, muscle and joint pain, and more.
- 3-5 drops of therapeutic grade rosemary essential oil
- 10 tbsp. of Himalayan salt
- 20 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
Mix all the ingredients in a glass jar and then seal it.
Allow it to sit for about 2 days.
- Simply apply a small amount of this remedy to the affected area after waking up.
- To alleviate headaches, apply it directly to your temples and massage it into your skin for a couple of minutes.
- Leave it to sit for about twenty minutes.
- Next, wipe away the remaining oil with a clean damp towel.
- Make sure you use it on a daily basis for ten days for best results.
How Does This Natural Pain Reliever Work?
– Himalayan salt is packed with essential electrolytes that help enhance your nerve signalling, thus preventing muscle pain.
In case you suffer from arthritis or intense pain, you may also want to replace Himalayan salt with Epsom salt because it is abundant in pain-alleviating magnesium.
– Olive oil acts as a carrier oil to prevent the rosemary essential oil from evaporating. Moreover, this ensures that the rosemary essential oil can do its job properly. That’s not all, olive oil also dilutes the oil to reduce your risk of skin irritation or rash triggered by the hyper-concentrated essential oil.
Also, it possesses potent anti-inflammatory compounds, which help alleviate injured joints and overworked muscles.
– Rosemary essential oil possesses 29 chemical compounds, which make it an excellent natural pain reliever. It helps relieve heat-related pain and dysmenorrhea.
What’s more, it is also used to relieve arthritis, muscle pains, and headaches. The rosemary herb could also enhance mood, reduce stress, and sharpen mental focus to help you go on with your day when experiencing chronic pain.
- Lennihan, Burke. ”Your Natural Medicine Cabinet”;
- Young, Shinzen. ”Natural Pain Relief”;