Chamomile is a miraculous herb often used as tea due to its calming effects. Moreover, Chamomile oils have long been applied topically to treat all types of ailments ranging from muscle spasms and soreness to indigestion and stomach problems.
Therapeutic grade chamomile essential oil has potent antiseptic, antifungal, and antibacterial properties that help fight acne, alleviate the symptoms of colds, and more. That’s not all, the oil also has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that can alleviate physical inflammation like muscle and joint pain; as well as mental inflammation like insomnia, stress, and hyperactivity.
Nowadays, Chamomile is used in various beauty and cosmetic products since it has beneficial effects on many parts of the human body both externally and internally.
Here Are the Most Powerful Therapeutic Effects of Chamomile Essential Oil:
– Helps Prevent and Reduce Varicose Veins: Mix 5 drops each of Orange Blossom (Neroli), Chamomile and Cypress essential oil with 30ml of Jojoba oil. Next, apply it every day to prevent and reduce varicose veins.
– Illuminates and Clarifies Your Skin and Hair: Chamomile provides vitality and nutrients to your skin and hair. Simply add about 15 drops to your regular lotion/shampoo for healthier and brighter looking skin and hair.
– Helps Improve Digestion and Alleviate Stomach Ache: You should apply some Chamomile topically to your abdomen to feel the relaxing effects. What’s more, this will also stimulate the production of digestive juices in your gut and bile in your liver.
– Relieves Skin Irritation: Create a mixture of 5 drops each of Chamomile, Lavender and Jasmin essential oil and 30ml of a carrier oil like Jojoba oil and then apply it to the irritated skin area.
– Soothes Sore Muscles: You can soothe sore muscles by adding 5 drops each of clove and chamomile essential oil to your bath. Furthermore, apply a clay body mask to your body before soaking in the tub for maximum benefits. You can also hydrate your skin after by applying a mixture of some Chamomile essential oil and a carrier oil like coconut oil or lotion.
– Gets Rid of Mites and Lice: Apply some chamomile essential oil directly to your scalp and hair to get rid of mites and lice. Plus, you may also want to add about 15 drops of the oil to your regular shampoo to prevent or kill mites and lice.
– Fights Acne: Mix 5 drops of Tea tree oil, 5 drops of Chamomile essential oil, with 30 ml of Jojoba oil. You should apply the mixture to the affected skin area every day after washing your face or taking a shower.
– Helps Disinfect Your House: Chamomile essential oil acts as an all-purpose household cleaner, if diffused with some lemon essential oil. The antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties of both essential oils can reach each corner of your house. This will leave your house smelling fresh and clean, while destroying unwanted germs.
Caution: You can use chamomile essential oil only topically and aromatically. You should NEVER ingest it or allow it to come into contact with your eyes. Moreover, pregnant women should avoid using the oil in the first 4 months of pregnancy. Also, some people might experience allergic reactions to the oil. So, make sure you use it with caution. In case you experience any allergic reaction, stop using it.
- Johnson, Scott. ˮEvidence-based Essential Oil Therapy: The Ultimate Guide to the Therapeutic and Clinical Application of Essential Oilsˮ;
- Althea Press. ”Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing”;