Antibiotics are pharmaceutical drugs commonly prescribed to fight a bacterial infection. But, taking antibiotics may increase your risk of developing digestive issues.
In fact, pharmaceutical industry offers many types of these drugs, including azithromycin, cephalexin, amoxicillin, penicillin, etc. Do you notice that all of them end with ~in? They are all harmful toxins that lead to various side-effects.
Of course, in some cases it is inevitable to take antibiotics, but make sure you use natural varieties. For instance, Oregano oil is one of the best natural antibiotic on this planet.
The Therapeutic Effects of Oregano Oil:
It is made from the leaves and flowers of wild oregano plant. Moreover, the strong antimicrobial properties of oregano oil can effectively fight off infections. Also, it has potent antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties, and therefore it gained its popularity.
There is no doubt that the oil has a variety of uses and healing properties.
It possesses the highest phenol content compared to all aromatic plants. Phenols are natural phytochemical compounds, which act as powerful antioxidants. In addition, carvacrol and thymol are one of its most abundant phenols. Also, these 2 compounds make oregano oil so powerful in the treatment of a wide range of ailments.
To explain you more deeply, as a result of their potent antiseptic and fungicide properties, these 2 compounds can destroy various pathogens by breaking through the disease-inducing microbe cell membranes. In this way, the can strengthen the immune system, prevent free radical damage, as well as repair and heal damaged cells and tissues.
Oregano Oil Is an Effective Natural Antibiotic:
Oregano oil can fight harmful microbes, so it can be used it the prevention and treatment of the following infections:
- Urinary tract infections: Chlamydia, E.coli, mycoplasma, and proteus.
- Yeast infections: Candida albicans, Bacterial vaginosis.
- Parasitic infections: Ringworms, tapeworms, giardisis, and flatworms.
- Lung infections: Mycobacterium, streptococcus, staphylococcus, and haemophilus.
- Food poisoning: Listeria, norovirus, salmonella, shigella, campylobacter, and botulism.
- MRSA infection.
Here Are Several Oregano Oil Uses:
– In case you suffer from lung infection and nasal congestion, consider adding a couple of drops of the oil to a vaporizer or diffuser and inhaling deeply.
– You can also alleviate a sore throat by drinking a mixture of a glass of water and a couple of drops of oregano oil.
– Create a mixture of a couple of drops of oregano oil and a small capful of aloe vera gel or coconut oil. Next, you should apply the resulted mixture on cold sores, nail fungus, acne, shingles or psoriasis. It is advisable to always use a clean cotton pad to prevent spreading the bacteria. However, it is not recommended to use the oil on sensitive or broken skin because it could result in side-effects.
– You can provide a relief from backaches, and sore muscles by applying a mixture of organic olive oil and oregano oil to the aching body parts.
– You can build up a strong immune system by drinking a mixture of 3-4 drops of oregano oil and a glass of water 2-3 times on a daily basis before meals.
– You should also add a drop of the oil on your toothbrush along with some toothpaste, and brush your teeth to destroy bacteria that trigger bad breath.
Here Is How to Detoxify Your Body with Oregano Oil:
Add 3-4 drops of the oil in a cup of water and consume it 2-3 times daily before meals. But, in case you experience burning sensation in your mouth, just lower the amount of oregano oil.
Another option is to place 3-4 drops on your tongue, and then consume some water.
Use one of these 2 remedies for about 2 weeks to fight infections. Then, make a break of a week and continue using it again for another 2 weeks. Keep in mind, you should not take oregano oil within a long-term.
This oregano oil detoxification should be used by Candida sufferers who follow a non-processed food and sugar-free diet.
What’s more important, oregano oil does not lead any side-effects. It does not destroy the beneficial gut bacteria, thus promoting optimal gut flora health.
As the oil is too strong, you should always dilute it prior using it. Also, as mentioned above, you should never apply directly on broken skin or open wound. In other words, it is recommended to dilute it with water, or other carrier oils, like jojoba, avocado, coconut or olive oil.
It is good to know that while using oregano oil for detoxification, it could lead to Herxheimer. Specifically, it is characterized by fatigue, headache, and nausea since many pathogens could die and release toxins due to the detoxification process. Do not worry since it is only a temporary toxin overload. In such a case, it is advisable to stop using oregano oil and consume lots of water until the symptoms completely disappear.
That’ not all, young children, breastfeeding and pregnant women, high blood pressure or heart condition patients, and those taking medications or undergoing medical treatments should take precaution with the oil.
You should also consult a Naturopath in case want to use oregano oil.
- Aimer, Kara. ”Oregano Oil: A Better Health Guide to Essential Oregano Oil Benefits, Uses, and Recipes”;
- Ingram, Cass. ”The Cure Is in the Cupboard: How to Use Oregano for Better Health”;