Gout is a type of arthritis that is characterized by sudden pain, tenderness, and swelling in joints. This condition is usually triggered by sodium urate crystal deposits that are built up in the joints due to high uric acid levels in the blood.
In other words, over time the excess uric acid deposits can crystallize and typically build up in the feet joints, ankle, elbow, wrist, and knee.
Moreover, it actually affects the male population between 30-60 years of age, whereas the females are less affected.
- Inflammation, redness, swelling, tenderness, and pain in the joint.
- Inability to move the joint.
In fact, gout attacks occur suddenly, especially during the night. But, in case you experience a severe gout attack, then it may lead to limited joint movement, increased heartbeat, chills, and high fever that could last several days. If left untreated, it could be more frequently experienced and other joints in the body could be also affected, thus resulting in joint deformity and damage.
In some cases hard crystal lumps can be developed under the skin around the affected joint, as well as in kidneys and other joints and body organs.
Unluckily, hypertension and diabetes sufferers experiencing gout could also suffer from poor kidney function, thus contributing to damage in joints and tissues.
The Main Causes of Gout Attacks:
Gout can be caused by excessive amounts of uric acid produced by the liver. However, experts claim that the diet has a great impact on gout development. Hence, it can also be caused by the excessive consumption of foods that increase the uric acid levels.
Those consuming excessive amounts of alcohol on a regular basis could also develop gout since they can raise the uric acid production and reduce its removal from the body. Namely, regular consumption of alcohol and food rich in protein is considered as the main culprit of gout.
In addition, here is how you can naturally relieve the symptoms of this awful condition:
As previously mentioned, those suffering from gout should exclude the acid-forming foods, including processed, fried and sugary foods, dairy products, alcohol, flour, soft drinks, and tobacco from their diet.
Consider eliminating the following foods from your diet: all meats, asparagus, tomato and tomato products, soya milk, spinach, sardines, herring, strawberry, bean sprouts, peas, cauliflower, mussels, rhubarb, bean paste, anchovies, durian, bean curds, meat gravies and broths, and mushrooms since they are abundant in purine, thus leading to gout development.
On the other hand, increase your consumption of fresh veggies and fruits and filtered water.
That’s not all, you should also exercise on a regular basis and consume a lot of water. In case you lose weight, you can also lower the frequency of the gout attacks.
These Foods Should Be Introduced in the Diet of Each Gout Sufferer:
The regular consumption of green vegetable juices can help in toxin and inflammation elimination, blood pH balance, and gut treatment.
According to many studies, celery and cabbage greatly decreased pain triggered by arthritis and gout. So, you should prepare juices by using these veggies and kale.
Also, introduce cucumber, papaya, and pineapple in your diet as they have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help in gout treatment.
What’s more, you can also add bitter gourds and beets since they can effectively detoxify the kidneys and liver, and enhance their functions.
Here Are Also Other Juices that Help in the Treatment of Gout:
– Place 1 cucumber, 2 green apples, 6 kale leaves, ¼ lemon slice, 1 fennel, and a mid-sized ginger root in a blender and prepare amazing smoothie.
– Prepare juice or smoothie by using 8 celery ribs, 1 cucumber, and 2 carrots.
– You can prepare another smoothie or juice by using 1 cucumber, half a celeriac, ¼ lemon slice, 2 carrots, and 1 fennel.
– Blend 6 celery ribs, 2 green apples, ¼ cabbage, and a mid-sized ginger root to create delicious smoothie.
– Mix the following ingredients to prepare smoothie: ¼ lemon slice, 1 green apple, 1 bitter gourd, and 1 cucumber.
– Combine 6 celery ribs, a mid-sized ginger root, ¼ lemon, and half a pineapple.
– Make smoothie by using a mid-sized beetroot, a mid-sized ginger root, 1 cucumber and ¼ lemon slice.
– Consume fresh young coconut water, 40-50 tart cherries, and ginger and lemongrass tea regularly.
- Christopher, John. ”School of Natural Healing”;
- Ding, Sara. ”Juicing for Health”;