Bananas are extremely powerful fruit that is packed with various essential nutrients. What’s more, they are abundant in minerals, vitamins, and dietary fiber that are beneficial for optimal heart health, digestion, and help in the process of weight loss.
The Nutritional Value of This Fruit:
- 89 calories
- 3 Cal. From fat
- 23g carbs
- 1mg sodium
- 3g fiber
- 12 natural sugars
- 1g protein
- 1% of Vitamin A
- 1% of calcium
- 15% of Vitamin C
- 1% of iron
Bananas do not contain any cholesterol and saturated or trans fats.
Even though most people usually buy green bananas, but this fruit should be consumed when it is well ripen and has brownish color and spots on its peel.
In fact, these bananas are much healthier than the green ones since they are rich in TNF.
But, What Does TNF Mean?
As previously mentioned, there is a higher amount of TNF in riper bananas. Additionally, the dark spots found on ripe bananas create a substance known as Tumor Necrosis Factor or TNF. This substance contains strong antioxidants that could inhibit tumor growth and eliminate cancerous cells.
That’s not all, it can boost energy, strengthen the immune system, as well as increase the production of white blood cells.
Other Health Benefits of Bananas:
– Boost Energy: Bananas are an incredible source of minerals, vitamins, and low glycemia carbs and therefore they can lead to quick energy boost. So, consider consuming this fruit before or after exercising. Also, due to their high potassium content bananas could greatly relieve muscle cramps.
– Help in the Regulation of Blood Pressure: This fruit is low in sodium, but high in potassium, thus regulating blood pressure levels.
– Help in Anemia Treatment: They are rich in iron and could help in strengthening the immune system and treating anemia by producing more red blood cells and hemoglobin.
– Fight against Ulcers: Regular banana consumption can alleviate stomach pain. Namely, bananas are soft, and smooth fruit that can actually soothe the inside lining, thus helping in cases of ulcers
– Decrease the Symptoms of Depression: This fruit is high in tryptophan, which is an ingredient that could boost serotonin levels, improve your mood and fight depression.
– Alleviate PMS Symptoms: Bananas are abundant in vitamin B that could offer beneficial effects on the nervous system and help in cases of mood swings and stress.
– Relieve Constipation: Bananas contain excellent minerals, nutrients and dietary fiber that lead to good bowel movements, thus alleviating constipation.
– Promote Good Basal Body Temperature: By consuming this fruit on a regular basis, you can keep optimal basal body temperature.
- Mateljan, George. ”The World’s Healthiest Foods”;
- Lyle, Susanna. ”Fruit & Nuts”;
- Mulwa, Edward; Maitha, Ritah. ”Medical and Health Benefits of Fruits & Vegetables”;