Garlic is a vegetable that belongs to the Allium family. It has been traditionally used as a culinary ingredient. But, it has also been used as a natural remedy as a result of its miraculous health benefits and medicinal properties.
In this article, we are going to discuss the health benefits of this miracle veggie and how to grow an unlimited supply of this extraordinary super-food!
– Garlic Is a Nutritional Powerhouse
It is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, B6, calcium, manganese, potassium, and selenium. However, it contains very low amount of calories. Namely, it has only 42 calories per serving!
– It Can Build up a Strong Immune System
This vegetable can strengthen the immune system and fight common aliments, such as a common cold. According to studies, the regular garlic consumption can lead to a 63% lower risk of getting sick. So, it is considered as a perfect preventive measure for those susceptible to common colds.
– This Veggie Can Support Good Heart Health
Consuming garlic on a regular basis helps decrease the risk of developing heart disease. Specifically, the consumption of this vegetable can also regulate cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
Here Is How to Grow It in Your Backyard:
- Take the cloves of a garlic bulb and then bury them 2-3 inches deep in loose, damp soil.
- However, the pointed side of the garlic clove should be facing upwards.
- Once it sprouts and you notice that the topsoil is dry, you should water the plant. But, it should not be over-watered.
- In order to preserve the garlic flavor, it is recommended to cut off the flowers that bloom.
- You can pull the garlic up when you notice that it has 5-6 leaves.
- Meredith, Ted. ”The Complete Book of Garlic: A Guide for Gardeners, Growers, and Serious Cooks”;
- Chopra, Daniel. ”Garlic The Cloves of Magic”;