A pumpkin is considered a super-food with a wide range of health benefits. Unfortunately, it is a rarely consumed food. Pumpkin seeds are actually one of the most precious and health-promoting foods.
They have various healing properties, so why not give them a try?
To be more specific, pumpkin seeds are dietary powerhouses as they are rich in essential minerals. Namely, they are an excellent source of nutrients, including potassium, magnesium, manganese, calcium, zinc, selenium, iron, and copper.
They contain about half of the recommended daily intake of magnesium, along with tryptopha, and plant-based omega-3 fatty acids.
Here Are Several Remarkable Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds:
– They Are Low in Calories, but High in Minerals: In fact, 100g pumpkin possess around 28 calories. In addition, pumpkin seeds are abundant in calcium that is a vital mineral for building strong bones and teeth; potassium that is an essential mineral for good heart health; manganese that improves skin and cartilage health; iron that is excellent for blood, etc.
– Pumpkin Seeds Abound in Magnesium: Are you familiar with the fact that a large number of Americans are deficient in magnesium? This mineral plays an important role in the regulation of more than 300 different biochemical reactions that are crucial for your body to function optimally. Moreover, half a cup of pumpkin seeds possesses up to 92% of the recommended daily intake of magnesium.
– They Can Enhance Your Mood and Fight Hot Flashes: The seeds possess tryptophan that is responsible for serotonin production in the brain and improved mood. As a result of their high magnesium content, the seeds can also help in cases of hot flashes, thus balancing your body temperature.
– The Seeds Can Naturally Improve Your Testosterone Levels: Do you know that the regular consumption of pumpkin seeds has been associated with improved male sexual health? The vitamins and nutrients present in the seeds like vitamins K, E, D, C, and B are beneficial for your libido. Moreover, the seeds are high in zinc that can increase your testosterone levels.
– They Can Improve Your Eyesight: Pumpkin seeds are packed with zeaxanthin, vitamin E and A, beta-carotene, and zinc. Furthermore, it has been found that these nutrients and vitamins are beneficial for human vision.
– Pumpkin Seeds Can Fight Many Sleep Problems, Including Insomnia: They abound in tryptophan, i.e., an amino acid that plays a role in producing serotonin and melatonin that are responsible for optimal sleep/wake cycle. As a result of this, the regular pumpkin seed consumption can help you fall and stay asleep very effectively.
– They May Help Fight Cancer: The seeds possess compounds called cucurbitacins, which have been found to help fight cancer by destroying many different cancer cell types.
- Mateljan, George. ˮThe World’s Healthiest Foods: Essential Guide for the Healthiest Way of Eatingˮ;
- Murray, Michael. ˮEncyclopedia of Healing Foodsˮ;