Beets are packed with essential minerals and vitamins that make them a great addition to your diet. The regular consumption of beets can benefit your body in various ways, like lowering inflammation, enhancing your heart health, and protecting your eye, digestive, and brain health.
In addition, the health benefits of beets are incredible and somewhat surprising because they could help increase endurance, purify your blood, prevent many types of cancer, and more.
They are naturally rich in disease-fighting trace minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and phytonutrients. Moreover, they are abundant in phytonutrients known as betalains (categorized as vulgaxanthin and betanin) that act as anti-inflammatory agents and cancer-protective antioxidants. These phytonutrients have been found to provide detoxification, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory support.
The anti-inflammatory properties of this vegetable and its high antioxidant content could help fight free radicals in your body and enhance your overall health and well-being.
Furthermore, beets are also high in betaine and folate. These nutrients work together to help reduce homocysteine levels in your blood, thus decreasing artery-damaging inflammation and reducing your likelihood of developing heart disease.
The regular consumption of beets helps detoxify your body, especially your colon and liver. Namely, drinking beet juice on a regular basis helps your liver eliminate damaging toxins and stimulate liver cells because of the glycine betaine and methionine that help prevent fatty acids from accumulating.
Fortunately, this vegetable is a versatile food, which means it can be consumed raw in juices and salads, or cooked and added to numerous recipes.
How to Make a Super-Healthy Beetroot Salad You Can Consume Daily:
- 3 beets (organic)
- 1 tsp. of raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar (organic)
- 2 onions (organic)
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. of extra-virgin olive oil (organic)
- Start by peeling the beets and then cook them in some water with a pinch of Himalayan salt.
- Afterwards, cut them into small slices and then put them in a bowl.
- Chop the onion and combine it with the beets. Also, add the ACV and olive oil and add some Himalayan salt to taste.
- Finally, sprinkle the salad with some vinaigrette and allow it to sit for about 60 minutes.
The regular consumption of this highly nutritious beet salad can help enhance your eyesight, and detoxify your liver and colon. That’s not all, it can also do much more for your health. So, consume it on a daily basis for maximum benefits.
- Usman, M. ”The Health Benefits of Beetroot for Cooking and Health”;
- Fife, Bruce. ”The Detox Book: How to Detoxify Your Body to Improve Your Health, Stop Disease, and Reverse Aging”;