Estrogen dominance is a common hormonal condition that can result in several undesirable symptoms in both women and men and contribute to a few serious health complications if left untreated.
The following protocol can help you balance your hormones and prevent estrogen dominance.
The Most Common Symptoms of Estrogen Dominance Include:
Bad PMS, such as headaches, mood swings, breast swelling and tenderness
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Low libido
- Sleep disturbances
- Sluggish metabolism
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Hair loss
- Brain fog
- Weight gain, particularly abs and hips
– Eliminate Xenoestrogens
Due to the new innovations in technology as well as the greater industrialization, many toxic chemical compounds have entered into your daily routine. Specifically, xenoestrogen is one of these toxic chemical compounds that could mimic estrogen in your body.
So, first of all, eliminate the following offenders from your daily routine:
- Soy protein isolate
- Birth control pill
- Dryer sheets
- BPA cans
- Tap water
- Non-organic produce and dairy
- Toiletries, cosmetics and makeup (replace them with natural varieties)
- Plastic Tupperware
- Plastic water bottles
– Support Effective Elimination
What if you want to eliminate excess estrogen from your body, but you suffer from chronic constipation? If you suffer from chronic constipation, that estrogen will re-enter your bloodstream and continue to trigger problems. So, make sure that you have eliminated it from your body prior to taking estrogen and liver detoxification supporting supplements.
You should have bowel movement on a daily basis. If you do not have, follow these recommendations:
- Add a scoop of fiber to your parfait, smoothie, or oatmeal every day;
- Consume probiotic foods such as tempeh, plain yogurt, kefir, miso, sauerkraut, and kimchi;
- Fill up half your plate with veggies at every meal;
- Consume about two or three liters of water daily;
- Take a Triphala or magnesium citrate supplement in order to promote bowel movements.
You should also follow these recommendations to support elimination via all the pathways in your body:
- Eliminate dead skin cells by using a dry skin brush;
- Promote sweating through sauna or exercise to support the removal of toxins through your skin;
- Get a massage to support your lymph;
- Practice deep breathing exercises to support your lungs.
Also, as you are constantly fighting against the toxins you drink, consume and apply to your skin, and environmental toxins, you may want to give your liver a bit of a break.
– Support Estrogen Detoxification and Liver Health
In case your liver functions properly, it can help in the elimination of excess estrogen from your body. In short, during the first stage of detoxification, your liver helps transform harmful estrogen into milder estrogen forms, whereas during the second stage, your liver helps transform the mild estrogen form into a water-soluble form, which can be removed through stool and urine.
Even though both stages are vital, this will be impossible if:
- Your liver isn’t receiving the nutrients it needs to support the first and second stage of detoxification;
- Other chemicals are interfering with your liver function, such as junk food, drugs, alcohol, etc.
Here is how to support the function of your liver:
- Avoid drinking alcohol;
- Avoid overeating;
- Avoid eating processed foods;
- Consume lots of clean, filtered water;
- Follow a healthy, balanced diet high in real, whole-foods;
Consume foods that helps support liver health, including:
- Eggs, shallots, leeks, garlic, onions, artichoke, dark leafy greens, dandelion greens, beets, cruciferous vegetables (kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, etc.)
– Take the following supplements to support liver health:
- Burdock, red clover, wild yam, ginger, licorice, rosemary, gentian, Oregon grape root, barberry, dandelion root and milk thistle;
– Take the following supplements to support proper detoxification:
- A formula that can balance your hormones containing one or all of the following: sulforaphane, DIM, Indole-3-Carbinol, Calcium-D-Glucarate
- B-vitamins, including Folic acid, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12.
In case you want to boost your metabolism and improve your liver health, follow a professionally formulated 14-28-day detox program. You may want to use a mixture of loose leaf tea and many other medicinal herbs, which are laxative-free and made using 100% USDA organic ingredients.
Also, you can boost detoxification, energy, and metabolism with:
- Powdered Milk Thistle Seed and Dandelion Root are an excellent liver-supporting combination that helps promote detoxification;
- Yerba Mate and Matcha help provide focused energy throughout the day;
- Milk Thistle Seed helps provide continued liver support;
- Passion Flower and Valerian Root could soothe your anxious thoughts as well as help you relax for a restorative sleep.
- Welch, Claudia. ˮBalance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life: Achieving Optimal Health and Wellness through Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine, and Western Scienceˮ;
- Wood, Matthew. ”The Book of Herbal Wisdom”;