Consume this lemongrass-ginger tea regularly alongside your favorite fresh juices in order to strengthen your immune system.
7 Reasons Why You Should Consume This Healing Tea:
The regular consumption of this lemongrass-ginger tea helps treat many common ailments and improve your overall health. For therapeutic use, you should consume 500 ml to 1 liter of this tea (or about 17-34 ounces) every day.
When mixed, ginger and lemongrass work effectively, synergistically, and powerfully. In addition, you can benefit from consuming this tea in case you:
- Suffer from bladder/urinary tract or yeast infections;
- Are on a juice fast;
- Are doing a detox;
- Want to lose weight;
- Want to boost your immune system;
- Have a highly acidic blood;
- Experience a health issue related to imbalanced gut flora.
Homemade Lemongrass-Ginger Tea Recipe
In the recipe below, we use a 500 ml portion measurement.
- 2 inches ginger root (you can use less, in case you want less pungent)
- 3 large lemongrass bulbs (use the white base part because it has the highest concentration of nutrients)
- 1 torch ginger bud (in case you omit it, substitute it for one or two additional lemongrass bulbs)
- 600 ml of pure drinking water (you should use this amount of water since a bit of it will evaporate during boiling)
It is important to know that young ginger is less pungent compared to the old one.
You can multiply these portions accordingly in order to make greater volume of tea.
- Boil the water in a non-aluminium pot.
- You should pound/cut or slice finely the other ingredients to release the oils, phytonutrients, and fragrance.
- Add them to the boiling water, and then allow it to simmer over low heat for about 6 minutes.
- Next, turn off the fire as well as cover the pot with lid. Allow it to steep for half an hour before you strain it.
- You can also add about a tbsp. of stevia or raw, organic honey if desired. Consume it while still warm.
- Also, you should make this tea fresh every day for maximum benefits.
If you are too busy, simply make the tea in the night and in the morning, lightly reboil it and transfer it into a thermal flask.
You should sip it all day long. However, avoid keeping it for more than a day.
It is important to know that when consuming the tea, you will urinate more because of its diuretic properties. The consumption of this tea can help detoxify your body. Also, consume plenty of water for best results.
- Antol, Marie. ˮHealing Teas: A Practical Guide to the Medicinal Teas of the World — from Chamomile to Garlic, from Essiac to Kombuchaˮ;
- Lipski, Elizabeth. ”Digestive Wellness”;