The regular consumption of soda has been associated with a wide array of health problems. The amount of sugar in a 12 oz. can of soda surpasses the daily recommendation by the American Heart Association for both women and men.
Namely, sugar is a highly processed and artificial product that is bad for you. Moreover, soda is also rich in caffeine, which is another harmful ingredient.
Here Is Why You Should Prepare a Homemade Carbonated Beverage:
Carbonated water is an alternative to soda. You can get the same fizzle feel of a cup of soda, without all of the harmful ingredients that come along with it.
According to Ayurveda, in case you take a longer time to digest food; have constipation; and dry skin; you should reduce your consumption of carbonated beverages.
Turmeric Beverage Recipe
The good news is that you can make this turmeric drink in carbonated or still water. This means that you make it in room-temperature still water! This turmeric tonic includes a few ingredients like chia seeds, turmeric, and ginger
Health Benefits of Turmeric:
Turmeric acts as an all-natural anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibiotic agent. This natural remedy is beneficial for digestive problems, blood purification, skin conditions, and allergies.
Health Benefits of Ginger:
Fresh ginger root helps reduce inflammation thanks to its strong anti-inflammatory properties. The consumption of ginger helps support detoxification by causing your body to get rid of toxins. Also, it helps boost your digestion and metabolism.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds:
Chia seeds are high in protein and omega-3 and omega-6 fats. Additionally, these essential fatty acids help hydrate the little cilia that line your digestive tract. That’s not all, this increases your body’s ability to absorb more nutrients from the food you eat.
Turmeric Tonic Recipe
Preparation Time: About ten minutes
- Half a cup of water
- One tsp. of freshly grated turmeric (In case you cannot find fresh turmeric at your grocery store, you should use half a tsp. of turmeric powder – it is available online or at any Indian grocery store.)
- A quarter tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- One and a half tsp. of freshly grated ginger
- A tsp. of chia seeds
- Juice of half a lime
- Three tbsp. of raw, organic honey or maple syrup
- Seltzer water or club soda
- Start by pouring the water into a glass and then add the lime juice, turmeric, ginger, and pepper.
- You should stir well and allow it to steep for several minutes.
- Next, use a sieve to strain out the grated turmeric and ginger.
- Afterwards, add the chia seeds, and allow them to swell up for a couple of minutes.
- Add the honey or maple syrup and the seltzer water or club soda.
Caution: Avoid using cold water or ice because it can douse your digestive fire and make the benefits of all these ingredients counter-productive.
- Diamond, Elizabeth. ”Natural Remedies – Foods, Herbs & Spices”;
- LaGrande, Jack. ˮHealth Benefits and Healing Power of Fruits and Vegetables: Inflammation, Anti-aging, High Blood Pressure and Much More…ˮ;