Drinking a cup of coffee with added some fat and oil seems disgusting.
Also, you probably wonder why you should add butter and coconut oil to your coffee when everyone is trying to exclude calories and fat from their diet.
Here Is Why You Should Add Coconut Oil to Your Coffee:
Nowadays, a lot of people read the label of the products they purchase. They actually count the calories without even looking at the ingredients included in the product. Most of them decide to buy non-fat products, no matter that they include many other unhealthy ingredients.
In addition, here is a video explaining why counting calories doesn’t contribute to any beneficial effects.
The truth is that introducing fat to your diet will not result in weight gain or make you fat. In fact, coconut oil has an ability improve your metabolism as well as help burn calories!
Unlike other oils, coconut oil possesses medium-chain fatty acids. It does not contain long-chain fatty acids. To explain you more deeply, medium chain fatty acids are not metabolized in the same way as long-chain fats, so that they enhance your metabolism.
According to a study, adding a couple of tablespoons of medium chain fats, such as coconut oil in the diet on a daily basis resulted in a 5% elevated energy expenditure. It means you should add 120 calories in your daily dietary regimen. Furthermore, it will not make your coffee greasy. But, you will create rich and delicious coconut oil coffee creamer, which also includes cinnamon, honey and vanilla. What’s more important it is free of palm-oil, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives!
For best results, consume this coffee along with a nutritious breakfast.
Other Benefits of Using Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer:
- Using coconut oil creamer will not cool down your hot cup of coffee.
- Unlike non-dairy milk, this creamer will not dilute the flavor of your coffee.
- The consumption of coconut oil coffee will improve you alertness and boost your energy levels.
It is not Bulletproof® Coffee that you may have read about.
But, What Is Actually Bulletproof® Coffee?
It includes a couple of tablespoons each of XCT oil or Brain Octane; or grass-fed butter, and 1-2 cups of coffee. The ingredients are blended in a blender.
Grass-fed butter provides the coffee with an excellent buttery taste. However, it does not contain any GMOs, gluten or sugars. That’s not all, the consumption of this type of butter can increase good cholesterol levels, which reduces your risk of developing heart disease. It is also abundant in Vitamin K2 that promotes optimal bone health and decreases your osteoporosis risk.
Brain Octane or XCT oil are much stronger than coconut oil. Additionally, the first one is distilled from coconut oil, so that it is rich in lauric acid, which offers incredible antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. Moreover, this ingredient can boost your physical and mental energy, thus improving cognitive performance and making your body burn more fats. In short, introducing it to your coffee will provide your body with the needed energy during the day.
Note: Always use this fat in moderate amounts.
Homemade Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer Recipe
You can modify the ratios used in the recipe to your preferred flavor.
- 3/4 cup of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp. of organic cinnamon powder
- Half a cup of raw, organic honey
- 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. of organic cocoa powder (if desired)
- Make sure the coconut oil you use in the recipe is soft, not melted.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix them well by whisking them together.
- At least, pour the mixture in a glass jar with a sealed lid.
Prepare 2 cups of your favorite coffee and then add a couple of tbsp. of your homemade coconut oil coffee creamer to it while still hot.
Also, you can add 1 tsp. of grass-fed butter to it to improve the flavor and creaminess!
Plus, you can also blend the coffee and creamer in a blender for 5 seconds.
- Rockridge Press. ”Coconut Oil for Beginners – Your Coconut Oil Miracle Guide: Health Cures, Beauty, Weight Loss, and Delicious Recipes”;
- Bee, Lucy. ”Coconut Oil – Nature’s Perfect Ingredient”;